Chapter Thirty Eight

It had been well over a month since I'd pondered being George's plus one to Ron and Hermione's wedding.

It wasn't that I didn't want to go with George, it was the fact that the bride didn't seem to fond of me.

"Adeline? Sweetheart, are you ok?" George's voice intruded my thoughts, conjuring up the best smile I could.

"Yeah, totally," I tried to sound convincing.

I could tell by the doubtful look George gave me that he wasn't buying it, mentally cursing myself.

"Look, go have fun being a groomsman, I'll be right here-"

"George Fabien Weasley!"

A high-pitched scolding voice rang out from behind me, George's hands instinctively grabbing my waist and pulling me towards him. I was turned to see a short woman, clearly his mother from the tone and fiery red hair.

"You didn't tell me I was meeting your mom," I whispered out in a rush, tightly squeezing his hand.

"We're at Ron's wedding, I thought it was a given," he muttered back, making me shoot a glare at him.

"I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it. I'll make it up to you," he quietly apologized.

Before I could reply his mother was standing in front of us, her arms outstretched. I assumed she was going for George, being proven wrong when she pulled me away from him and into a death grip of a hug.

"It's so wonderful to meet you! You," she pointed at George, "you made me think you weren't coming!" She exclaimed, her expression softening when she finally settled her eyes on him.

"I'm sorry, mum. Pig decided to be slow," he explained, pulling me back.

"Mhm, blame it on owl post," she sarcastically replied, glancing back at me with a smile.

"Hello, dear. I'm Molly Weasley," she hastily introduced herself, something else catching her eyes.

"No! No, the plants go over on the other side of the tent!" She exclaimed, George wincing while I turned to see a few people navigating bouquets of flowers.

"I apologize, things are hectic around here," she continued, taking a breath.

"I completely understand. Uh, A-Adeline Hemmings." I nervously slid in an introduction while I had the chance, feeling George's arm settle around my waist in an attempt to settle my anxiousness.

"Oh, I know! George wrote me a letter ages ago-"

"Hey, uh, shouldn't you be getting your seat?" George suggested, interrupting Mrs. Weasley as my curiosity peaked.

"Oh yes! Adeline, sweetie, you can sit with us since George will be at the front," she said, grabbing me once again after George gave me a kiss.

"You look lovely," he whispered, feeling my cheeks heat up before his grip let up and he disappeared into the gathering crowd.

"Sorry to pull you away, but Arthur and I have heard a bit about you," she muttered in a hushed voice, dodging people who were trying to gather in their seats.

Ron was already gathered with who I assumed to be his brothers along with Harry at the front, watching as George joined them a second later.

"What year are you again?" She asked, bringing my attention back.

"You know I'm still a student?" I questioned, feeling queasy when she suddenly stopped and sat down on the second row.

"Well, I didn't. That was until Hermione and Ginny happened to mention it when George finally filled out the invitation. We haven't seen him in ages," she said, her motions exaggerated.