Chapter 12

I woke up with my head hurting how I had never experienced before. I tried remembering what had happened yesterday and looked into my phone to find photos or texts to help with remembering. 

I went to look at my recent calls when I saw an outgoing call at 12:31 to no other than Lando. Thats when it all came back to me. Right. Shit. Now I know.

I knew I called him but I couldn't remember what we talked about. Something about me being home and he had some news for me. What were the news again? 

I laid in bed staring at the ceiling when it overcame me: He said he found a way to see each other. I decided to take my time and get downstairs to have something small to eat and drink some tea, because the hangover was just kicking in and I wanted to have a clear mind - a least a little clearer - when I would ask him about it again. 

After breakfast I went into the living room, sat down on the big gray couch and opened my laptop. It was Monday so no one was home except my younger sister who was on summer break, and she was in her room so I had my privacy in the living room. I thought about face-timing Lando but after taking a look at myself in my phone camera, I decided that it was for sure too early for him to see me like this, respectively I never wanted him to see me this way. I still felt a little drunk, but I couldn't wait to get more information about these news so I just called him.

"Fiona!" his voice was raspy and it sounded like he just woke up and was still in bed. I looked at the time. It was 11:30?

"Still in bed?" I asked curiously.

"How'd you know?" he chuckled. 

"I had a feeling. So... about those news you got for me..."

"You don't remember me telling you don't you ?"

"Not exactly, I'm sorry the alcohol must've gotten the best of me."

"No worries we all need to have our fun sometimes". After he had said these words a female voice appeared in the background. What kind of fun was he having? I couldn't hear but I think she asked him something and he tried answering quietly so I wouldn't hear, which made it obvious he didn't want to me to notice what was going on.

I had to hold myself back from making a comment about the potential girl he had in his room, but I could feel the jealousy inside me. I tried to come off as cool as possible as if I hadn't heard anything. "Whats the news?"

"So you know how I told you there was something I had to take care of after the race? Right. As you might know the Hungarian Grand Prix is in two weeks. I talked to some people and if you want you can be there. I've got you something like Paddock Passes. Maybe a tiny bit more exclusive..."

"No you didn't" I was having a hard time believing he actually did that. For me. I couldn't stop thinking about the supposed girl that he was just talking to minutes ago. Did he invite her to the Silverstone Grand Prix. Was I also just another girl he invited to a Grand Prix to have a nice weekend and then never see each other again. I was into F1 but I was not sure that was a thing drivers did. 

"Of course I did. The hotel is already set up. You only have to book a train ticket to get there at whatever time fits your schedule on Thursday and if I don't have interviews at that time, I'll be able to pick you up."

I didn't want to come off as ungrateful even though I couldn't stop thinking about that other girl or if there were many other girls, so I said: "Lando this is too nice of you I'm speechless."

"Don't be. I'm doing this because I want to see you" I knew there wasn't any evidence proving he wasn't being honest but the scenario I had made up in my mind told me not to believe any of his words since he could be saying those things to a different girl every week as far as I knew.

"Can't wait to see you, will you send me the details later so I can book the tickets, maybe Margo wants to come too." I had already told him about Margo an how she was always down for an adventure.

"I can get passes for her as well just tell me"

"Oh i don't know she not really into Formula One but I'll ask."

"I'll send you the information later, I'm really looking forward to seeing you again, but I have to go now. Bye Fiona!" he had this habit of saying my name and when he said it, it sounded so beautiful. At least he still remembers the name of the girl he is talking to in the moment, my head immediately jumped to.

"Bye Lando!"

I texted Margo right after hanging up the phone.

Fiona: what do you think about going to Budapest for a few days next week?

Margo: You'll have to be more specific but sure!

I told her how Lando invited me to the Grand Prix and of course I mentioned my theory about the other girl or even girls. She said she would obviously come with me although she could probably only stay until Friday evening. It was better than nothing, I was glad she agreed to come with me. After all I had only really known Lando for two days and despite being famous he could still be an arsehole. I think most people just become arseholes because of the fame. I really wanted Lando to be the exception but I had my doubts.