║𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵║

------------------------------------

(Y/N) walks in the forest with the rest of the group, humming lowly. She spots Ray walking up to her.

"Hey." He says to her.

She nods in acknowledgement, still humming.

"What song is that?" Ray asks, curiously.

"...Something... that I made." (Y/N) stops humming subconsciously, embarrassed.

"Really?"

She nods.

"Could you sing it?" He asks.

"... It's not that... appropriate for younger kids." (Y/N) says, trying to weasel her way out of singing.

"Hah." He chuckles. "Sounds like a wonderful song to sing."

"It's so big..." (Y/N) hears Don mumble.

Her already keen hearing is now amplified since she's on alert, and so now her head turns at every little sound.

They climb over lots of big tree roots and around bushes in the forest.

"Emma." Don calls out.

"Yeah." Ema responds. "Everyone, lets lake a break! We should eat breakfast."

Everyone sits down in a big tree trunk gap before grabbing a sandwich. (Y/N) follows Emma down the small hill and sits down on a log. (Y/N) takes out the pen that Norman gave her.

"Yooooooooooow." Ray says from behind Emma.

The girl jumps, covering her ears. "'Yow'?"

"Don't worry. This isn't the territory of a savage beast or anything." Ray says to Emma. "Here. I'll keep watch, you need rest too."

"Thanks."

"...I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

"If I'd have been cooperative from the beginning, maybe you wouldn't have lost your ear."

"Don't worry about it. As long as you're alive and smiling, that's all I need." Emma assures him.

"I also apologized to Anna earlier." Ray confesses. "Do you know what she said? 'Forget that. Hey it's your birthday. Happy birthday!'. Even though I was about to leave them behind. They still care about me. I don't deserve it. I'll live." He turns around. "I'll live and protect this family. Everyone in this family. For sure this time. I vow. No matter what happens, I'll never abandon them again."

"Ray..." Emma mumbles.

"Do we have a plan? Where are we going?"

"Yup! South." Emma says, turning around. "(Y/N)!" She shouts, not knowing that the girl was right next to her.

(Y/N) taps her shoulder and the girl jumps again.

"Jeez! I didn't know you were here!" Emma places a hand on her heart.

(Y/N) and Ray both smile.

"Show him the pen."

(Y/N) pulls out a black-and-white checkered pen.

"We're going to point B06-32 to see Mr. Minerva."

"What's that pen?" Ray asks. "And point B06-32?"

"Watch, (Y/N) will demonstrate." Emma starts to explain while (Y/N) opens the pen. "Norman got it from Sister Krone. And when we took it apart..."

(Y/N) opened the pen to reveal a massive screen.

"LANNI?!" They hear Thoma yell. "Ray! Emma! (Y/N)! Help!"

The three turn their heads in Thoma's direction and run up to him.

"Thoma! What's wrong?" Ray asks.

"Lanni disappeared!"

"What do you mean? Were you attacked? Or did we lose him?" Emma asks frantically.

"No, it's not like that!" Thoma yells.

(Y/N) felt something tug at the bottom of her foot. She looked down to see a tree root wrapping around her leg. She grabs onto Ray's shoulder for support while she lifts her leg up.

Ray turns around to watch the girl struggle with keeping her body upright. He grabs onto her hand and starts pulling her.

"Guys what are you-" Emma looks at the two. "(Y/N)!" She rushes over to grab the girls other arm and tugs, finally freeing her from the tree's grasp.

(Y/N) turns around and runs back to where the group should have been, the rest following behind her.

"Where are they...?" (Y/N) asks.

------------------------------------

623 words

It's ya author back at it with late updates. Also like just hit 100 subs on my YT lol don't forget to check it out.

Published: November 10, 2021