Chapter 1

Kiara's POV

    As threw myself on the couch Shane walked through the door and slammed it shut causing me to sit up. She was in her scrubs and her hair was a mess. I laughed at her tangled hair and she gave me a dirty look. I threw my hands up for a truce and smiled.
    "Bad day?" I questioned and she plopped herself on the chair next to the couch.
    "How'd you guess?" She closed her eyes before getting back up as if she remembered something. "Someone puke on me today. Twice. And I got my hair pulled by a little kid."
    "I was about to take a shower but you can go first." I motioned to the bathroom behind me.
    "Alright. Would you like to join me after I get the puke out of my...well everything." She rubbed her eyes and grabbed a towel out of the closet.
    "Sure." I grinned and looked over at her.
    "For the record I'm not inviting you to the shower for shower sex. I'm tired and I just want to go to bed. I don't want to fall asleep in the shower."
    "Damn. When's the last time we had sex?" I got up off the couch and walked to my room.
    "I don't even know. Two weeks ago?" She yelled from the bathroom.
    "Well the last time we had it was after the open house thing for your mom or whatever, wasn't it?" I yelled back while shuffling through my underwear drawer.
    "Really? If it was then than it was almost a month ago." Shane walked in my room and looked at me with her eyebrows raised.
    "Hey, it's not my fault. I'm not the one taking med school." I pushed my lips together and squinted at her.
    "Don't give me that face." She walked back to the bathroom and got in the shower.
    I woke up to Shane yelling my name for me to get in the shower with her. I quickly got up and pulled my clothes off and ran to the bathroom. She practically ripped the shower curtain open when she heard me.
    "Sorry, I fell asleep." I gave her a small smile before stepping into the shower.
    "And I was worried about myself falling asleep. Looks like I should have been worried about you." She laughed and invited me in. The water was just a few degrees away from boiling and I could hardly see with how much water vapor there was in the room.
    "You really have to stop taking such hot showers." I turned the hot water knob to the right a bit and felt the water cool down. As I turned around I felt Shane's hands on my hips. She leaned against me and put her head down on my shoulder. She was a few inches taller than me which caused me to always feel short. Her long hair clung to my face s the water poured down the both of us. At this point I'm pretty sure I not only had soap in my mouth but her hair as well.
    "I missed you." Her voice was so quiet I could hardly hear her. I pulled away and managed to get all of her hair out of my face.
    "You need a hair cut." I laughed and took a step back to get under the water.
    "Really? That's what you have to say back to that?" She pursed her lips and squinted her eyes then continued to whip her head in the their direction.
    "Seriously babe? I was kidding." I washed my hair as Shane ignored me but still stayed in the shower so I could wash her back and comb the conditioner through her hair.
    "Kiara?"
    "Yes, my love?"
    "Would you ever want kids?" Shane turned around and stared me so hard in the eyes I thought she was going to shoot lasers out or something.
    "Would I ever want kids?" I repeated the question unsure of what to say. She nodded her head and smiled. "Do you?"
    "I mean..." She hesitated. "Eventually yeah. I was just wondering. Sorry if that was really random." She leaned over and turned the water off then got out of the shower. I stood there for a few minutes before realizing that I needed to get out and talk to her about this.
    How do I explain this? How do I tell her that I want kids but not the type of kids most people want? Does she even know what a little is? Or a caregiver? What if she doesn't feel the same? Would our relationship be over? Would she want to be a caregiver to a little?
    "Shane, do you know what a caregiver is?"

Author's Note:
    My first chapter in my new series! I'm so excited. I'm not sure when I will be updating this book or my other book that goes with this "Mommy and Me". It'll take a little getting used to since I don't usually write two books at once and I have been struggling to keep up with one book.
    For those of you who actually read author's notes, I am struggling in school right now. Teachers dumbed big projects on me this week and last week and I'm a bit behind so not sure how much time I'll spend on writing the books. Also, school is almost over and I have finals in like three weeks. This is crazy. So expect there to be a lot less updates for the rest of this month and more for the month of June and July since I'll have lots of free time.
    I hope you guys like the book so far! And don't forget to read my other related series: Mommy and me as well as an unrelated series: Finding Love In Pain.