39. The Unavoidable Task

The people on the narrow pavement keep tossing me left and right, making it hard for me to find my ringing phone. Not to mention I'm trying not to drop the bag, in which are Minho's and Squirrely's gifts I bought on Jeju island.

"Did he have to call now??" A small curst escapes my lips as I try to reach all the way down to my jacket's pocket. I push myself to the side of the pavement, and lean the suitcase that I have been pulling after myself in my left hand, on the wall. I reach down for my phone and see Minho's ID pop out.

"What do you want??" I ask a bit annoyed, since I didn't really get much sleep today.

"Ahh my dear friend, don't be so grumpy on this beautiful afternoon." He says with happiness overflowing his tone. "Let me guess... you didn't get much sleep on your last day on vacation??" That's a home run for him.

"Of course I didn't. My coworkers a.k.a. friends went all out on the last day. I didn't get to close my eyes tonight, and for some reason I couldn't sleep even for that one hour on the flight." A chuckle is heard on the other side of the speaker.

"You should have just kicked them out of your room, why are you so nice to them??" Why does it seem like he is scolding me right now.. but yes. He is right. When the clock hit 3am I should have kicked them out. "Anyway, you'll sleep at home with someone who I'm not sure remembers you're returning today??" What does he mean though, I told them two days ago I'm coming home one day earlier. Come to think of it, Jisung didn't seem like he was paying attention to what I was really saying, since I caught the two in a middle of a game. "Oh, and... the apartment might be a bit messy." You know before I could live with the words 'a bit messy' but now when we live with Jisung, I'm not really sure I want to. It's not that he is dirty, it's just he doesn't throw the garbage in the trash bin, he just leaves it there and keeps telling himself he will clean it up, but always forgets since he doesn't really get off the couch or out of bed often.

Over the last one year we had quite a few arguments, but nothing to major. It's not hard to work things out with him, all I need to do is sit him on the couch and bring up the subject, so we can get mad fast and let our anger out, look through both sides and solve it in the same day. I'm not the type to hold on arguments anyway, it's a waste of time when I know I can solve it.

"What do you mean a bit-"

"Anyway bye." He hangs up the phone on me, leaving me speechless for a few seconds, before I slide my phone back into my pocket and start to head toward our apartment. One thing that changed for sure in the last one year is that now I know my way around Seoul, I haven't gotten lost in a while which is a bit accomplishment for me.

After the day we put an end to everything, things didn't seattle as fast as I thought. Yes, we did get a punishment for going against the law but it wasn't anything big, just voluntary work for over a month. It somehow helped us get over the fact that we forgot Seungmin and literally left him to sit in jail for over 30 minutes, but hey.. it could have been a lot worst. We got even closer as the three of us cleaned trash in parks, and Squirrely was also enjoying bossing us around for a few hours a day. I got my job back and for some reason everyone started treating me a lot nicer. I mean, they were nice before as well, but now they act like I'm super girl in the building.

Well, other then that Minho and Seungmin returned to school as well, and we even got to see Jeongin more after we returned to our lives. On the other hand 'adopting' Squirrely was somehow tough. They wanted to give him professional help, but he kept insisting and rejecting it. Since he is an adult, he did have a word about what is going to happen to him, and his anxiety level always seemed to be higher when he wasn't around one of us, so that's how we got permission to keep him. On the beginning there was a woman that came every month to check up on him, and to make sure we are giving him everything he needs, but by now she stopped coming as often.