Chapter Five: The Flayed

"I found him" El said.

"Where is he?"

"Woods" she replied. "He's with... Will's mom"

"My... My mom?" Will asked.

"What are they doing?" Mike asked her.

"Ill... annoy" she tried to say. "They're going to Ill-annoy"

After the whole sauna fiasco, you all went to Mike's place and went into the basement. You all thought it was best to tell the Chief what happened but Eleven searched him and he wasn't anywhere near, apparently he was going to Illinois.

When you guys finished to spy on him, you, Max and El went to the bathroom. You sat on the toilet and stared at the floor as Max cleaned El's blood from her nose at the sink.

"Does it still hurt?" Max asked you.

You tried to clear your throat but it hurt like hell, you just shook your hand like saying 'so so'. You still couldn't talk, at all. You ran a soft hand on your neck and you still felt the five large bruises.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, I never wanted you to get hurt, especially not from him" Max told you.

You didn't want her to feel bad, it wasn't her fault. Eleven looked at you and understood what you wanted to tell her.

"She says it's not your fault, it wasn't Billy's fault either. The Mind Flayer was taking over" she told Max.

She looked at you and you nodded at her. El said exactly what you wanted to tell her. That's why you guys were sisters.

"What are they still doing in there?" you heard Mike say from outside the bathroom. You and the girls shut up to listen.

"I don't know, girls just like hanging out in bathrooms" Lucas said.

"They're conspiring against me" Mike said.

"That's what you're concerned about now?" Will asked him. "I thought it was already over"

"It's not over, okay? We're just taking a break" Mike reassured him.

"She said she dumped your ass" you heard Will tell him. "That doesn't sound like a break"

"It wasn't!"

"You guys do realize we can still hear everything you're saying, right?" Max yelled over at them.

She and El laughed. You only smiled, you were so mad you couldn't laugh. You were frustrated you couldn't talk either or else you would've shouted something at the guys for being annoying.

"Not now, Mom!" you heard Mike yell up the stairs.

"Mike, open the door" you then heard Nancy.

You and the girls looked at each other confused. You all got out and saw Nancy coming into the basement with Jonathan. What were they doing there? They explained everything. From an old Mrs. Driscoll to rats going crazy and Driscoll going crazy and eating chemicals.

"It was the same thing, the exact same thing
that happened to Will last year" Nancy told you guys.

"And look at this" she said takin  gg out a paper with charts and numbers. "Look at the body temperatures" it was super low.

"He likes it cold" Will said.

"Okay, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer, what time was this attack?" Mike asked her.

"Last night, around 9" she said. "Wait, what time was your sauna test?"

"Around 9" Max told her.