Chapter 12

Wow... two murders that I've seen... but only one of them Lloyd knows about. Mae thought.

The said young man looked at the young woman who was looking at the floor, sitting on one of the chairs in his room.

She's really quiet. Ever since the end of the festival she's just been... quiet, and her eyes have this darker shade of blue... Lloyd thought.

And... both murderers... have been beautiful and really attractive, damn it...! Why are all the pretty people criminals? The raven haired female thought to herself.

"Hey, Mae! You okay?" He asked, walking over and lightly bonking her on the top of her head.

"O-Oh sorry." She stared back up at him. "Yeah, sorry, I zoned out..."

"What's up with you? These past couple of weeks you've been just zoning and looking... uncomfortable around me." The male said. "It's weird."

"...how am I usually?" Mae asked, looking up at him.

"Huh?" The green eyed male was surprised by her response.

"...You've asked me something like this before..." she said, her expression looked serious, her blue eyes narrowed to him. "How am I usually...? Now, I want to hear it from you."

Really? From me? This is going to make me feel... hm... make me feel... how will this make me feel actually? The male thought.

"Well. For starters, you're usually a complete idiot." Lloyd stated.

"Huh?!" The young woman replied, surprised by his straightforward response.

"You're dense, at first you were really quiet, and even now, you're quiet, and that's really annoying! All you do is lead up thugs, and stupid girls, which means I have to come help you, and that's irritating too!" The whisper white haired male yelled. "Then you have bratty little siblings that will follow you around. Sheesh. One of them is especially very creepy! Oh yeah! And you're super weak, the only time you're strong is when your adrenaline kicks in, and that's only a little."

Mae's eyes widened. She's heard a lot of this from other people, but to hear it from Lloyd... just... hurts... She slowly stood up from the chair. "I-I'm sorry... I didn't realize I was such a pain to you... then I guess I'll leave-" The raven haired girl got cut off.

"However..." Lloyd became calm. "After knowing you for almost a year, I know you endure so much, you're one of the bravest people I know. You put others before yourself, and I've met no one as selfless as you who is able to do that. You're funny, and interesting. You cry a lot, sure, but that's having confidence, and strength to actually cry in front of others... and when you focus on something, or someone, let's say me, all you do is talk. You're usually so happy too. Well aside from when I tease you." The whisper white haired male had a mischievous look in his eyes. "Just like now~"

"Wait, what?" The girl asked, confused.

"I didn't mean a few things you know, you're not really an idiot. Sure some jokes you'll take too seriously, that's just called misunderstanding." Lloyd said.

"I hate you." The blue eyed female mumbled, sitting back down, "wait but you said 'a few things' what else?"

"Your siblings, they're good kids. I don't mind them, even though your sister is a creep and has a hard foot..."

"...She accidentally stepped on your foot?" Mae asked, surprised.

"She did it on purpose." The male said, glancing away from her and scratching the back of his neck.

"Huh, why-?" The female's question got cut off.

"To get the general idea, I pushed her." Lloyd explained, which just made her slowly nod.