◈Chapter 1◈

~☆*::*☆ The Spring of 1999~

*Vote and Comment*

*Narrators POV**

After the 2 wizarding wars. Many kids have lost their families, and have been sent to Wizard and Witch orphanages, that can't go off on their own yet. Like Rachel, she has spent the last three months in St. Dukes Witch and Wizard Orphanage. The girl dearly missed her parents, Elizabeth and Joseph. But not as much as her little sister Sky. She wasn't just Rachel's sister, she was her best friend. They knew everything about each other.

Now Rachel sits, criss-cross in the girls 4 bed 1 bathroom, bedroom, looking through her photo album. She loved Phototagery and took pictures 24/7. She has pictures of Friends, family, herself, nature. You name it.

Flipping to the next page, a picture of her sister and herself, with facemasks on posing in front of the mirror, falls into her lap. She picks the picture up and gazes at it. Tears flooding her eyes.

Knock Knock. Rachel looks up at the door. Quickly putting the picture back into the album book and shoving it under her pillow. "Come in," she says squeezing her eyes shut for a millisecond to blink away the tears, to look back up to see Mr. Sqows (Sk-OW-SS) the keeper of this horrid place. "You have a family here to meet you" Mr. Sqows saws in a dull but annoying voice. Rachel's eyes widen. She jumps from the bed, dusting herself off, and brushing through her short hair, trying to look presentable.

Truth be told, Rachel was kind of excited to be adopted. Her parents weren't really around. It was just her and Sky most of the time. They would be home for birthdays and Holidays but never on school days, weekends, just on important days. Yes, Rachel was happy about it but never did her mother ever pay attention to her, only her father would acknowledge her. Sky was the mommy's girl. Mother never really cared for Rachel, and said she was a "mistake." On Rachel's 15th birthday, her father got her a camera, but Mother, she got SKY! A gift saying she was proud for her learning a new FUCKING language, and spent the whole day with Sky. Going shopping, getting their nails done. While Rachel and her father went to London's eye and paid extra for them to stop at the top for Rachel to take pictures on her new camera. She will always remember that day.

Rachel follows Mr.Sqows, down the stairs to see a young lady waiting on the bottom of the stairs, looking at the photos on the wall. Rachel thought she was quite a beautiful woman. Long black curly, dark skin as dark as cocoa, beautiful hazel eyes, maybe 5'6. Her hair was half up half down. She had half her hair in a tight braided bun in the middle of the back of her head, letting the rest of her hair fall down her back.

The lady turns around a smile plastered on her face, as she looks at Mr.Sqows then at Rachel. "Ms. Zabini, this is Rachel Shank. Pureblood" He says, grabbing Rachel's shoulder blade and pushing me toward her. Rachel glares and him turning her attention back to the lady, smiling brightly at her. "Nice to meet you, Miss. Zabini" Rachel says, shaking her hand. "It's great to meet you, dear," she says smiling back at her. "If we may make our way to my office we can discuss further information," Mr.Sqows says leading his way to his office.

Rachel has been in his office many times. Not for good reasons. Mainly for getting in a fight, arguing with a Maid, or staying up past lights out and sneaking out to stargaze. She was a good girl. She just had a temper and wanted some freedom from this hell of a place. She also has been in here 3 times for other adoptions but got turned down after Mr.Sqows say "She is a troublemaker for sure, many fight. VERY disobedient" EVERY family.

"Sit please Ms.Zabini," He says, walking around his desk and sitting down in his throne-like chair. "So you have come here today to adopt a daughter" "yes sir, I have always wanted a daughter." She says smiling at Rachel. Rachel can already tell she will like Ms.Zabini. "Ok, well Miss. Shank, would you like to talk a little about yourself." "Sure," Rachel says, shifting in her seat to face Ms.Zabini. "Well, I'm a pureblood. I had a sister and parents. Who died in the last war. I love Photography, snakes, and reading" "She also likes to cause some trouble," Sqows says. "Oh, I'm sure we can fix that. My son is quite the trouble maker, but very good with his manners. He just stands up for what he thinks is right" "Son?" Rachel asks. "Oh yes, my son Blaise, he couldn't make it he had quidditch practice" "Oh how cool, I played quidditch for my old- '' Rachel says excitedly before getting glared at by Mr. Sqows. "Sorry" she mumbles. Her cheeks flushing a light pink. "NO, No dear, I'm listing," she says glaring at Shows before smiling at me. "Oh um okay. As I was saying I was a beater for my old school." "Oh that's wonderful, maybe if this works out you can attend Hogwarts for your last year of schooling with Blaise and sign up," She says. "Okay well Ms.Zabini, I think we have some things to talk about. Rachel out!" He says pointing at the door. Rachel stands up, looking one last time at Ms.Zabini who sends her a smile and a wink.

Rachel sits outside the room for about 3 hours till Ms.Zabini and Mr. Sqows come walking out of the room. Him handing her some paper. Rachel stands up quickly looking at her. "Rachel my dear, would you like to be my daughter," Ms. Zabini says, opening her arms open. "YESSSS" Rachel screams, running into her arms hugging her tightly. "I'll pick you up tomorrow at noon," she says looking at him."Bye, Ms.Zabini" Rachel smiles widely. The front shuts. Rachel darting up to her shared room and starting to pack.

*I hope yall like it, and yes I know the London eye didn't come out till 1999 in winter but deal with it. The story aesthetic is at the top:-D

ERM💚

*Vote and Comment*

Rachels Hobbies ↓

Yes I made these (●'◡'●)