009

"Wake up. It's time to go!" Captain cheered.He would finally get to see his own kids for the first time in about  four years.

"Oh shit! I forgot! I'm so sorry!" I said, flinging myself out of his bed. I put all of my gear back in and grabbed my backpack, along with the rest if the stuff I brought to occupy myself last night.

"So, we won't be taking the tank. We're going to a neighborhood. Well have to take one of the company vehicles." He led me to a large room with a few cars parked in it. We got in the car and our doors shut in harmony.

"So heads up, Pico might be a little bitch, or he'll love you, there's no in between. He always thought that she would come back but I had to tell him..."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I think it hit home for him most out of the three of us."

"Probably because he was adopted."

"Yeah." The rest of the ride was silent except for the Nicki Minaj CD playing in the back. One of the guys must've left it in here. I wondered if the kids would like me or not.

We pulled up to a really large house with orinate decorations everywhere.

"These are rich people aren't they?"

"Very rich." He said, knocking on the door. A woman answered.

"Hello you must be r/ln?" Captain asked.

"Yes sir, and you must me Mr. and Mrs. Landerick?"

"Oh- Um. It's actually l/n for me. I'm not with him yet." I said awkwardly.

"My apologies." She said as she led us to their living room. She called for them to come downstairs and I heard a faint thudding and giggling.

I saw Pico first. He was going down the stairs at least three at a time. He ran down the hall and looked up at us. Captain took off his helmet but I kept mine on.

"Pa? No fuckin' way. Baize, it's Pa hurry up!" He yelled

I heard a muffled 'dad?' and a 'language' from the caretaker.

"Yeah he's here!" The I saw her run up behind him.

Baize jumped on his lap and refused to let go. He nudged me to take off my helmet.

"Who's that?" Pico asked. I took off my helmet and let my h/l h/c hair down. "Ma?" He looked like he just got punched in the face.

"Pico, that's not mom. She's gone." Baize said hugging him instead. He started to cry. I felt a pang of guilt for this kid. I mean, this is the third time he has been with different parents.

"This is y/n. Coming to see you was her idea in the first place. I know she isn't Jaida, Pico. I promise you, I'm not replacing her, but... sometimes people have to move on. Nothing stays the same forever." He sighed.

"I don't want to move on." He choked.

"I'm sorry." I murmured.

"For what?" Baize asked.

"I don't know. I'm sorry for your situation. I can't imagine what it would feel like to be in a situation like this. My aunt died a while back and everything changed. Like Captain said, nothing stays the same.

"Thank you. I hope you never have to deal with this." She said. Captain was busy trying to soothe Pico before he had a breakdown.

"Hey buddy, guess what." Cap asked Pico.

"Hm?" He sniffled.

"I'm big captain now." Pico gasped.

"You are? No way! How did you get it!"