Chapter 9

"Don't move," Claire said. "It can't see us if we don't move." She said, Ian had always told her stories about his Isla Nublar adventures and those stories had helped a lot when she accepted the job at Jurassic World. And they were gonna help a lot now too. Even though she was petrified, Maisie knew she had to listen to Claire. But she couldn't help but hold her new adoptive parents' hands. Even though they weren't moving, the T-Rex came closer. Then Owen saw why. They were standing next to the campfire. A fire was exactly like a flare and the dinosaur wasn't getting any farther away. Then it let out a deafening roar. That sound brought back haunting memories to Claire and Owen's minds. Maisie was terrified and did the natural thing, she put her hands up to her ears and prayed the noise would stop. But Rexy saw the movement and advanced towards them faster than before. Then Owen got an idea. He looked at Claire and she looked at him. He was sending her a silent but very clear message. Get out of there and protect Maisie. Claire knew that he wasn't going to follow them, but Maisie's safety was the main priority. Owen grabbed a stick out of the fire. "Get to the cave, just past those trees." He said and pointed in the other direction. Then, he ran the other way, leading the T-Rex away from them. "Come on Maisie," Claire said grabbing the little girl's wrist and started to run to the cave, but Maisie stopped her. "We can't just leave him!" She yelled. She got out of Claire's grip and ran back to Owen. "Maisie!" Claire yelled and followed her. She wasn't about to put another kid in danger just because of a dinosaur. Meanwhile, Owen was busy running for his life. When he thought he was far away enough, he threw the stick as far as he could. But it landed in the lake and the T-Rex's focus was back on Owen. Then Maisie appeared out of nowhere and ran behind him. "Maisie, get back," Owen said, trying to keep the panic out of his voice. But wait, if Maisie was here, where was Claire? As if on cue, Claire pushed them out of the way as Rexy whipped her tail towards them. It flung her into the lake, but she didn't resurface. "Claire!" Owen yelled. "Run, as fast as you can." He said looking at Maisie and then the woods off to the left. This time she didn't hesitate and she went to the cave. The T-Rex was distracted by the fire and didn't pay any attention to Owen or Maisie. This gave Owen an opportunity to save Claire. He ran to the water and went underwater to look for her. If she was unconscious, he didn't have much time. 

                                                                      Author's Note

Sorry, this chapter was so insanely short, but I needed time to type the next part and I didn't want you to get bored. Thanks for understanding.