Part Two

Part Two

Orgon, The Fort

Location: The Castle Suite

Orgon let out a long sigh. He felt the sheets slightly billow around him. "God, what have we gotten ourselves into?" He turned to face Maxin who was, of course, already looking at him. "You don't think they would ever double-cross us, right?"

"No," Maxin answered confidently. "I trust Beo wholeheartedly. Do you?"

Orgon took a second to consider this question. He couldn't remember trusting anyone, aside from his loyal servant, in all of his 26 years. But: "Yes. Strangely. I do."

"That's good!"

"But it's not him I'm worried about," Orgon quickly corrected. "It's the other one. Bones. I don't know what it is about him, but I just... I just get this weird feeling. He gets under my damn skin. Burns under it."

"Of course he does. It's because you two are so alike."

"What?" Orgon pushed his naked torso up off the bed. "We are not!"

Maxin looked amused below him. "You are both assertive hotheads who not-so-subtly demand attention and respect."

Orgon frowned. "My god. Have you been practicing that line?"

"Nope!" He placed a hand on the back of Orgon's neck. "I've just spent enough time with you."

Orgon huffed, falling back into bed. "Whatever." He didn't like being associated with the dark-haired rebel who lived across the hallway. Not one bit.

"Besides, you have nothing to worry about. He would move mountains for Beo. If anyone is going to double-cross us, it won't be them."

"What do you mean by that?" Orgon quickly resumed his place touring over his naked counterpart. "It's just the four of us. No one else."

Maxin raised his eyebrows. "If you say so."

"And what the hell do you mean by that!"

"Never mind," the younger man pushed himself up onto his elbows. "But if it is just the four of us, we're going to have to get a lot closer in the coming weeks, Orgon. You're going to need to put this little prejudice against Bones to rest. And soon. Or else you'll both be jeopardizing everything."

"And how do you suggest I put this to rest?"

Max rolled his eyes, pressing his back against the bed's headboard. "I don't know, maybe, hang out? Get to know each other?"

"Hang out."

"Yes. Hang out."

Orgon scoffed. "And what do you suggest we do? Kitchen duty?"

"Ask him to get breakfast! Spar with him! Anything to get to know him better. Just, just figure it out." He began to scramble out of the covers and onto the floor, but all it took was one scoop of Orgon's right arm to keep him in bed.

"Not so fast," Maxin was laughing when Orgon kissed his lips. Once. Twice.

"Orgon," Maxin was murmuring against the skin of his neck. "You're not getting out of this. Go ask him to breakfast."

A very prolonged groan later, Orgon was up, dressed in his best pants and favorite cotton t-shirt, and out the door.

-

"Come in!"

It sounded like the small one. Orwell. Orgon quickly sent a silent plea, praying that he had caught Orwell alone.