I don't know how I got by this week

Awsten was your usual university student: tired, unable to sleep, unhappy, and kind of a caffeine addict.

The problem was, the poor neon green-haired guy was very fucking tired, college wasn't his choice, he was a kind-of functional adult, he could make decisions, for example, he knew he wanted to form a band.

He had been writing for over five years and he thought he was more than ready to make an EP, or just, show his music to the world in a way, but of course, his parents had to step in and force him to college, just so he could have a ''future''. He wasn't going to argue with his parents tho, to be honest, he was exhausted from explaining to them how dyeing his hair wasn't the end of the world.

Did I also mention he didn't have friends?

Well, he actually did, a few, but still, "quality over quantity"... or at least that's what he thought

I mean, it wasn't as if he couldn't just make more friends, his social skills were a little rusty, but not quite bad...he just didn't have time for them.

You see, he was a communications student, he barely got time to sleep, he wasn't going to go around making friends, Why would he bother?, He already has the perfect amount of social interaction from his classes and his roommate, he was perfectly fine.

Was he?

-So uhm...- Awsten reached for the counter, his eyes scanned for the closest edible thing in the place, eventually landing in a microwaveable packet of ramen.

-"Just add water!"- He read out loud, probably to strike a conversation with his roommate, who was sitting at the dining room table hunching over a cardboard base, carefully pasting little pieces (that were too much of a choking hazard) into something that resembled a roofless house.

Dewayne just looked over at Awsten, glancing at the ramen in his hand, then making a sort-of humming noise in approval.- I guess running to the bathroom would make a good exercise for you-.

Awsten exhaled and interrupted: -Not cool, I have homework, can't lose time *shitting*.-slamming the ramen packet on the counter, he moved close to the coffee maker -Guess who's having coffee for dinner.-

Dewayne smirked -I don't know... that flying roach you found the other day in the bathroom?-

-DUDE, NOT COOL- Awsten acted offended -THAT SHIT WAS SCARY AND TRAUMATIZING- He put his wrist in his forehead in a dramatic way. -Also, you got to save me, lucky-

Dewayne exhaled and smiled-Oh god, you're annoying, can you make me a cup while you're at it?-

-Sure thing- said the green-haired boy, grabbing a few mugs and putting the necessary stuff in the coffee maker, he clicked the necessary settings, moving to the table to sit beside his roommate while he waited for the coffee to be made.

-Any plans for today?- Dewayne asked once Awsten sat at the table.

-Not really,- he shrugged. -Kind of have a ton of homework today, so I can't do much.- Not that he had many plans before, but that doesn't matter.

-Alright- Dewayne made a pause and checked some details on the drawing he had beside him, looking back and forth between his model and the rough sketch -...did I mention Otto called this afternoon?, he was wondering if you wanted to go to the new club, see if y'all could get a gig, he also said something about me being your secretary, which I won't deny at this point.-

Dewayne was used to getting calls from his roommate's friends, mainly because Awsten didn't check his phone that much.

-Oh, thanks for letting me know... I'll call him later...I think- (he wasn't going to)

- No problem! now- Dewayne checked his phone. - I think the coffee is ready, also, it's 12 pm, you should head out and do your thing before it gets too late.-

The older one nodded and got up from the table, walking towards the kitchen, he served the coffee in two mugs, careful to not spill any, giving one cup to his friend, waving godbye then heading down to the hall and towards his room.

He booted his laptop and headphones, sitting in bed while cross-legged, he decided to grab his cellphone and start drinking his coffee while waiting for Windows to completely boot up.

Wait, He had to call Jawn

Jawn was kind of his best friend, he had known him since elementary school, everything started when Awsten scraped his knee at recess...

He had thrown himself out of the swings and onto the dirt in front of him, hitting his elbows and bruising both his knees, he obviously started crying...Then Jawn saw the bruised kid...and burst out laughing at the scene.

Awsten saw him laugh and angrily tried to hold his tears back.

They made eye contact, and Jawn stopped laughing.

-Are...you ok?-

-Yeah- Said Awsten in a pouty tone, a little angry, but also slightly curious.

Jawn kept on questioning him -Are you sure?-

-Yeah...now leave me alone- Awsten kept the pout in his voice, who even was this kid?

-Uhm...my name is Jawn by the way...-

-Awsten, I dislike you, just so you know-

-Hey Awsten...sorry for laughing... the way in which you fell was kinda funny tho-

Awsten wiped his nose with one of his sweater paws, he was kind of angry at this kid, but he didn't seem that bad, and, to be honest, he didn't have that many friends in here, so it would be a good chance to make a new one.

-S-shut up...Can you help me get up?- Awsten asked, stretching his free hand towards Jawn, who gladly helped him get up and go to the infirmary...

Now we're back to the present

Awsten unlocked his cellphone so he could call Jawn, only distracted by the 30 messages that laid unread on their chat.

Most of them were stuff like "AWSTEN", with a few "READ MY MESSAGES YOU ASS", and some "ITS SOMETHING IMPORTANT", Awsten finished reading the texts and decided to call Jawn, he already had to talk to him about some gig, so this was really convenient.

The call went fine, with Jawn telling him the gigs they had been offered to play and how people liked their original songs, he then drifted off talking about this new app he had found, "Twitch dot com", and how he was seriously considering streaming himself playing, well ,videogames. It took a ton of convincing,but eventually, Awsten accepted his friends request to follow him (twitch.tv/Jawn, very creative), and said that maybe he would stop by to a few streams.

-This is gonna be GREAT- Jawn said

-Sure thing- Awsten replied,a bit disinterested, glancing at the clock and realizing it was 2 in the morning, he should really start working...

-Jawn, I'll talk to you later,byeeee!!- He dragged the 'e' in a dramatic way as he clicked the "end call" button, hoping he still had time to finish this assignment as he began to type away.