Chapter 1

💕 Emily 💕

I look up from my phone with a smile. It's the summer before junior year and I can't wait a second longer. I re-read the text for the sixth time and wait eagerly for my best friend Jack to come pick me up.

FROM: Jack Gilinsky 😋💕
I'll see you soon Ems.

Him and I are gonna go sneak out to go to a party at our friend Sammy's house. I double check my outfit again in my full length mirror. Just then there's a slight tap on my bedroom window and I walk over and open it and am immediately engulfed in the hug I've loved most of my life.
"I missed you." His velvet voice says into the top of my head, holding me a little bit tighter.
"You literally saw me earlier." I giggle breathing in the familiar minty scent of his RVCV shirt.
"I know." He laughs. "So, ready to go?"
"Yeah, hold up, just lemme grab my bag." I say and grab my bag off my bed and follow him back out the window into the cool, summer night.
We walk out to his Jeep and J greets us as we get in. "Hey Emmy." He says looking up from his phone for two seconds to meet my eyes then goes back to whatever he's doing.
"Hey, JJ. Nice to see you too." I laugh getting the backseat and hooking my seatbelt.
"So, who's ready for another kickass Wilk party?" Jack says flashing his perfect 100 watt Gilinsky smile at me in the rearview mirror and backs out of my driveway and drives to Sam's.
"Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." I say excitedly. I don't really like partying but I love Sammy's parties. They're so much fun and there's always a lot of people at them.
About five minutes later, we arrive at Sammy's house and the fun of the night begins.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
By 2am, the party is dying down as people are becoming wasted. The Jacks are beyond crazy and hyped up on drugs and alcohol. I've had two drinks and I don't plan on drinking anymore- after two I can't stop so I don't want to risk it. Besides, when the boys are drunk like this, my motherly instincts kick in and I have to look out for them.... Especially when Mr. Playa finds himself a pretty girl that he wants to make his for the weekend.
Laine and I are just sitting around chilling and watching her older brother, John, and some Westside sophomore girls do stupid shit. It's great. Those are the girls that will be taking over the school once we leave.... Oh God. 🙈
The boys are currently playing beer pong with Sammy, Big Mike, Josh, Parker, Brock, John and some other senior from Papillion-LaVista that I don't know. And Jack is getting drunk off his ass.
"YAYYYYYY!" He hoots, taking another drink out of a cup.
"My baby boy is going to regret this in the morning." I laugh.
Laine smiles knowingly at me. "And my brother's gonna have a lot of explaining to do to mom." She laughs.
"CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!" Sammy is yelling at Jack as he continues to down cup after cup after cup of alcohol.
I roll my eyes. "Hopefully he doesn't try hooking up with anyone tonight while he's like this. That could end badly."
Laine laughs, obviously picturing the endless possibilities that could result if my crazy best guy friend finds a girl he wants to get with.
"So, enough about that crazy boy who's my best friend," I eye the unfamiliar Papillion-LaVista boy. "Who's that kid your brother brought?"
"Oh Nate?"
"I don't know his name. All I know is he came with your brother and they're hanging out with Sammy." I giggle.
"Yeah. That's Nate. He's one my brother's best friends."
"How come I've never seen him before?"
"Who knows?" She laughs.
We just talk about random stuff before a very drunk and maybe even high Jack Gilinsky falls onto the couch laying his head on my lap. "I feel so alive!!!!!" He says excitedly then laughs his ass off. "I feel so amazing!!"
"Baby, that's the alcohol talking at the moment. You're gonna be regretting it in the morning, I promise you." I say, lightly playing with his soft, dark brown hair.
"It makes me feel so alive! It's great!" He says then laughs.
"Sssshh. You should rest. You've been having too much fun these past few hours."
"I know I probably should but I don't want to." He mumbles back. He looks up at me for a moment. "I'm thirsty. Can I have something to drink Ms. Glay sure?"
I giggle at him being all drunk and saying my last name as two different words. "Hold on."
Laine looks at me. "I'll go grab you a water, Jack. Be right back." She gets up off the couch and heads into the little downstairs kitchen area at Sam's.
"Haha, that rhymed." He laughs way to hard about Laine's comment.
I just continue to play with his hair. "You laugh about so much when you're drunk."
"I." He hiccups. "Know."
"Excuse you."
"Excuse me." He rolls his eyes all dramatically, but it's of course 100 times worse since he's drunk.
Laine thankfully comes back with the water then and hands it to Jack, who's still laying on me. "Okay hot stuff, here's your water." She tells him and he unscrews the lid and spills a little on himself and I can't help but laugh.
He takes a drink then returns the lid and let's the bottle fall to the floor as he begins to talk about random stuff while laying there.
I continue playing with him hair soothingly and it puts him out in about a half hour and then I move and put a pillow under his head and kiss his forehead. "Goodnight Mr. Gilinsky, I hope you don't get too sick later."

A/N I just feel like Emily is super motherly towards Jack in their friendship. Anyone else think that? Haha. Wellllll I'm sitting around waiting for Nash to follow me back and I literally gave up because I know it's not gonna happen so yayyy haha. Thanks for reading this story! Make sure to vote and comment! Thanks ❤️

-Shelby Lynn Jolinsky Wilkaloley 🙈💕