Chapter 1

Clove's POV

Day of the reaping. The day my plan goes into action. I wake up super early, and run down to Cato's house. The mayor of the city made it pretty clear that he had rigged the reaping so that Cato and I would be chosen to go into the 74th Hunger Games. I have friends from D1, Marvel and Glimmer, their reaping ball is rigged as well. I'm meeting them in the woods outside of two. They both stole weapons and food from anywhere they could find them, so we'll have a good supply. I know since I'm a career I should be eager to get into the arena, but I am not. Because I know someone would just volunteer for me, so there's no point. Nobody knows where me and Cato are going, I just told my mum that I was gonna be doing some early training at the Academy. Which I am, except I won't be doing any training. I'll be collecting weapons from the Academy to use in the woods.

Katniss' POV

"We could do it, you know." Gale says.

"What?"

"Run away. Live in the woods."

"But what about our families?" I ask.

"We could bring them with us."

Prim in the woods? I ponder it in my head. She will hate it, but it has to be done. Snow hates me, for absolutely no reason. (Sorry it's just Katniss reminds him of Lucy Gray Baird, just had to throw something about that in here)

"Get your family and all your favorite possession's and also all your food and stuff. We're doing this."

A/N

Sorry I couldn't include Rue, I just couldn't really figure out how to navigate it. Criticism welcome, please go ahead and give me tips or ideas, also sorry for the probably shortest chapter in the whole of Wattpad 😂. 

Love Edie💖❤