Untitled Part 2

edwards POV:

"Hello Edward, we have much to discuss." A man in what seemed to be a uniform said. 

"How do you know my name?" I asked. 

"I've heard much about your skills." He said softly. Just then I put my hand in my back pocket, trying to make it look nonchalant by leaning against the wall behind me. 

"What skills would you be talking about sir?" I asked, already gripping the small pistol in my back pocket 

"I've heard you're quite the driver Mister Free. You have some talent that we could use." He said. 

I let go of the gun and shrugged "Sorry man, I don't do that kind of work anymore, I'm out of the game". I lied, I was still very much in the game. In fact, the game is why I am here in the casino. I’m an escape driver. I’m just waiting here for the people doing the job. 

"Look Mr. Free, I'm not talking about a getaway driver" he said pulling out some identification. The card read ‘Project Freelancer Recruiting Agent'.   

"What's Project Freelancer?" I asked looking at the card. 

"Come with me, and you might find out." He said, pointing to a stretched limo parked just outside. Just then the alarm went off. 

'Shit, they’ve been caught.' I thought to myself. I looked around I saw them coming. I pulled my hood up so they wouldn't notice me. "Lead the way, Agent." I said even though I was already walking to the car. 

After we got in the limo he started to explain. "We need someone with your skill operating vehicles in the field." 

"What field is this?" I asked. "I still have no clue what Project Freelancer even is." I said, taking a can of Pepsi out of the cooler in the back seat. 

"We are a group of soldiers doing experiments in order to enhance the future for all of mankind." He said, as if he had said it a hundred times before.

"Well then, can't you just get your military buddies to do that?" I asked jokingly. 

"No" he said bluntly. "We need your skills. I've seen you in action. you outmatch everyone else we have when it comes to vehicles of an assorted variety." he said. Just then we stopped and someone in armour opened the door and escorted me to a large hanger filled with awesome cars, planes, and helicopters.

"Holy shit, that's a lot of cars and stuff" I said while hopping into a car id never seen before. "What is this thing?" I asked looking at the tech inside the car. It has an extremely advanced radio, trackers, a GPS, and best of all; it is not a stick shift. 

"It's a warthog class jeep, fitted with a mounted gun, and tow cable." he answered after a second.

"Why is it called a warthog? It doesn't look like a warthog, looks more like a jackal to me." I said as the other guy got in the shotgun seat.

"It’s called a warthog because of the spikes on the front by the tow cable." He said, sounding annoyed as if this wasn't the first time he answered this question. "So, let's talk identification." He said. I had just finished signing a pile of forms saying that they can do experiments on me and stuff. 

“Well, I am over 21.” I said showing him my ID card.

 "No no, here we assign all agents field names, such as Agent Carolina or Agents North and South Dakota." He said showing me some pictures of people in armour.

"Do I get cool armour as well?" I asked holding in my excitement to get some cool gear.

"Oh don't worry, you will get a lot more than just armour, but for now let’s focus on a name?" He said.

"Okay, is New York taken?" I asked. 

“Yes." He responded. "Okay then how about Alaska?" 

“Alaska is not taken" 

"It's very nice to meet you Agent Alaska." A voice I had not heard yet came into the room. "You can call me the director. Now let's get you an AI.”