[1]

🚨WARNING!! This story will go in details regarding themes such as noncon, murder, gaslighting, gore, and vomit

🚨WARNING!! This story will go in details regarding themes such as noncon, murder, gaslighting, gore, and vomit. I am not sexualizing any of this (just so we are perfectly clear). If you go beyond this point, you agree to be exposed to these darker themes. Thank you and good luck reading.🚨

~ Ruvia, Astye, 13 Years Before Present Day~

(y/n) stared curiously at her mother who was reading official documents from the provinces.

"That damn Hosodaki," Mother grumbled as she put the scroll down with frustration. "Hosodaki Erina has made her father upset yet again. When will that child ever learn not to provoke Gojo Katsuma."

(y/n) picked up the scroll but her mother took it out of her tiny hands quickly.

"I'm sorry, (y/n), but you can't read this."

"Why not?" The eldest daughter of House Shi asked.

"Because you won't be taking over the empire. You need not concern yourself with political matters," Mother said. "Your brother will take care of it."

(y/n) looked down at her mother's large stomach, scowling.

Had it not been for her mother getting remarried and getting pregnant again, (y/n) would've been the sole heir to the throne.

Especially since her mother was pregnant with a boy and by royal law, sons take over the kingdom unless the empress cannot give birth to a son.

If such a case happens, then a girl would be the heir to the throne.

"Besides," Empress Ophelia patted her daughter's head, frowning. "You're going to be busy when you're older with duties to your husband."

Right. Every girl is expected to marry a man regardless of who they are.

(y/n) sighed and walked away, ignoring her mother's calls.

The young princess walked around the castle, searching for her best friend and cousin Inumaki Toge.

"Looking for someone?"

(y/n) jumped with fright when she saw her nemesis Gojo Satoru.

He was hanging upside down one of the ledges, a pair of shades on his face. A smirk was also present.

"Go away!" y/n) snapped.

Satoru frowned but followed the princess regardless. "You know, you should be nicer to me! Especially since we'll get married!"