12: lmao I'm not projecting

“Please..” Fundy muttered behind Eret. Eret didn’t bother to turn around, he just stood frozen in the doorway.

“Please don’t leave me.” Fundy begged again. Eret sighed and turned to face him at last, not hesitating to look him in the eye. He felt bad for the other, but he couldn’t stay with him. Eret took his glasses off and Fundy seemed taken aback by the action.

“I’m sorry, Fundy. I love you, I really do, But.. Things change I guess.” Eret said coldly. To say Fundy looked devastated, was an understatement.

“Can you at least tell me what I did wrong? Please?” He pleaded. Eret put the glasses back on and turned around.

“You didn’t do anything wrong. I just can’t take it anymore. I need time.” Eret left without another word. Fundy desperately wanted to call out to him, to cling onto him and never let him leave, but he couldn’t. All he could do was silently sob to himself on the floor. His breath hitched when he started to hear music fading into the background.

“Wait.. what?” Fundy looked around to find where the music was coming from. He ignored the odd, almost glitching appearance of things around him. He concluded the music was coming from just one room over. He stood up and slowly walked to the room. The closer he got to the door, the worse things around him were glitching and the music kept getting louder and more distorted. He gripped the handle and turned it as everything in the room rapidly disappeared. All that was left was him and the door and that cursed music. Fundy pushed the door open to a room he didn’t recognize but at the same time, he was very familiar with it. There were things in the room that looked familiar but he couldn’t quite remember. His eyes were quickly drawn to the jukebox that was spouting out the music he had heard. From the room over.

A few seconds after he noticed the jukebox, the music cut out. There was absolutely no noise other than a small ringing noise in his ear. He was extremely turned around by all of this. He heard yelling start up in the room he was just in. Yelling meant other people. Other people means help. Fundy rushed to open the door to be met with a soft breeze. The yelling had stopped. He stepped out and noticed the walls of L’manberg. So that’s where he was. He noticed Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Eret, and himself in the distance, but there was still no noise. He looked around in shock. Why was he here? He began to walk up to the group but felt himself freeze when he made eye contact with his past self. No one else in the group seemed to notice as their Fundy turned around and walked to the other.

“I’m so sorry. It happened again, didn’t it?” The other Fundy asked. Fundy looked confused.

“Wait, what? What happened? What’s going on?” Fundy frantically asked. If this other him knew something, he wanted to know as well.

“You’re indulging again. Fundy, you have to go back to the present. Being stuck in your memories like this is only going to make things worse. You will never have anything back the way it used to be, stop trying. For everyone’s sake, stop trying.” Fundy’s identical counterpart warned. Fundy just stood in shock. Was he doing this on purpose?

“Now go back.” The other Fundy pushed him back and Fundy winced. When he opened his eyes, he was in the final control room. There was another Fundy waiting for him there too. He saw him arrive and sighed.

“Just couldn’t stay away, could you?” The second Fundy asked. Fundy didn’t know how to respond.

“I’m sorry, I really don’t know what’s happening..” Fundy tried to explain.

“Look, just don’t stay in one place for too long, get home as fast as you can.” Other Fundy advised. Fundy nodded, prompting the other Fundy to press the button. Fundy opened his eyes to see the podium. He couldn’t hear anything but he knew exactly what was happening when he saw Tommy and Wil get chased out of the country. He jumped out of the way, hit the ground,  and opened his eyes to watch himself burning the flag down. He could almost hear Nikki’s cry, but there was still no sound. This new other Fundy turned to look at him.