Chapter 1: Running Late Again

You sprinted down the nearly deserted halls of UA as everyone headed towards their allocated classrooms, clutching your textbooks to your chest as you made your way to the last homeroom of the day. Aizawa would be none too happy if you were late.

Again.

Contrary to popular belief, the homeroom teachers at the prestigious hero school actually moved up with their students for their duration that they attended. So, the scruffy underground hero was stuck with his good-for-nothing, hard-headed, always-runs-into-trouble-headfirst-without-thinking-about-their-safety-first kids, who he denied he even remotely liked at every chance he got for all three long, painstakingly slow years.

It didn't matter. You all knew the truth after he was the first to defend you at USJ.

After that, Aizawa hated how his words never had the same effect as it used to. It was so much harder to control his monkeys and it got worse when the dorms were created.

Rambunctious bouts of improv games that Kaminari came up with on the spot and roped Sero in with him, calling it bonding just to cover up the fact that he wanted to let loose and have some fun.

Spontaneous fights in the courtyard were more common than they were uncommon and Aizawa swore more than once that his hair was going to turn grey at the rate in which he had to break Bakugou up from instigating yet another fight over nothing with someone who simply looked at him the wrong way.

But it wasn't all bad.

You were in your third year. It had been an extremely rough and rocky journey, but you all had made it.

Class 1-A had been through everything from week one of your first year of school but through it all, you had stuck together and trained harder than anybody else, pushing yourselves to your limits and beyond.

A slight smile lifted the edges of your lips as you recalled the events that had gotten you to where you were now. Hard work and tenacity landed you a spot at the school of your dreams and you remembered how stubborn you were to let villains take all of that away from you when the League remained persistent after their initial attack.

When the sports festival came around, you all had let down your guard and was able to experience real fun for the first time since the year started. Then, at the training camp, everything came crashing back down in that forest.

But you had survived. And now, you had to face your terrifying homeroom teacher who would undoubtedly chew off your ear for your tardiness.

To be honest, you much rather take on the villains.

As you got closer to Class 1-A's, now Class 3-A's, room, you skidded to a halt and threw open the door with a bang louder than you intended. You winced as the sound reverberated through the now silent classroom and froze as all eyes turned on you.

"Oops." You mumbled under your breath, knuckles going white as you hugged the book to your chest as if it could shield you from the wrath of the class representative that was to come.

Iida was up on his feet in a split second, his hand raised high in the air. "L/N-kun!! You're late!!"

You panted hard to try and catch your breath, gaze flickering over to the exhausted pro-hero standing at the front. An apology was on the tip of your tongue but he raised his hand to stop you before you could say anything.

Aizawa sighed tiredly and gestured aimlessly to the students sitting obediently at their desks. "Just take your seat."

He knew by now that you spent all your free time in the library. He honestly didn't blame you. His class was so loud, it was a wonder how more of them didn't want to get away from all the noise.