Chapter 5: Clearing Up the Misunderstanding

You froze as he waved the lid of the box and flinched back as he shoved it in your face.

"You didn't leave a damn instruction card or some shit." Bakugou grumbled, his vermilion eyes piercing your soul. "How the fuck was I supposed to know what this shit would do?"

Your shrug of nonchalance only aggravated him further.

Tapping a finger to your chin thoughtfully, you mused aloud, "I don't know. To be honest, I was kinda expecting you to throw it away."

A squeak tumbled from your lips when Bakugou bumped into you, forcing you back until you were backed up against the concrete wall, hidden from anyone passing by thanks to the lockers jutting out.

"Oh come on," You teased in an attempt to cover up how flustered his dominance made you. "You're smart enough to figure it out on your own."

Bakugou snorted. Of fucking course he was smart enough to figure it out on his own but how did you know that he wouldn't just think it was some sort of shitty joke one of the dumbasses were playing on him and toss it in the garbage right away?

Your expression fell as he voiced that and squirmed uncomfortably, not having an answer for him. A small part of you kind of hoped that he would throw it away so that you wouldn't be doing this right now. Rejection stung like a bitch and the hurt never went away except with time and time was the one thing you couldn't afford while on the path to becoming a hero.

In a way, it was both a present for him and closure for you.

"I didn't know if you would've thrown it away and I really didn't want to find out." You whispered, averting your eyes.

Squeezing your eyes shut when his hot exhales hit your forehead, you suppressed a whimper that bubbled up, inwardly kicking yourself for acting so pathetic in front of the guy that you liked but that your friend was dating.

"Okay, that's enough now." You pressed feebly against his chest to get him off of you. No surprise that he didn't move. You already tried this earlier. "C-Come on, Bakugou, move."

"Why?"

You hesitated and tears stung at the back of your eyes no matter how hard you tried to keep them at bay.

"Please, just let me go." You pleaded.

Bakugou scoffed but studied you closely. "Answer the fucking question, dumbass."

Shaking your head from side to side, you yelped when he suddenly grasped your chin and yanked it up.

But Bakugou abruptly released you as a tear slid down your face and he stumbled back, unprepared for the arrow that pierced his heart when he was hit with the realization that he had made you cry.

Vigorously wiping your eyes with the back of your hands, you sniffled. "Please, this isn't fair to Mina—"

"What the fuck does Raccoon-Eyes have to do with any of this shit?" Bakugou glowered, rapidly reaching the end of his patience as you continued to dodge his gaze. He was fucking done waiting for you to answer him.

He was going to figure out what the fuck was going on.

After the sports festival, he had tried to talk to you but you had avoided him like the fucking plague. At some point, he just gave up when it was clear you weren't keen on talking to him for whatever reason. He didn't push you, he wasn't an asshole, but he'd be lying if seeing you laugh with everyone else didn't fucking hurt.

Caught off guard by his hostility, your tongue felt thick as you formed your words slower than your brain was processing them. "She's your girlfriend, isn't she?"

Bakugou actually had to take a moment to process what the fuck you were suggesting. "Hah?!"

You blinked. "Haven't you two been together since the first year of—"

"WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOU THAT?!?!" Bakugou raged, anger boiling over at the lies that someone was feeding you. All these fucking years he had watched you grow more and more distant, seeming to connect easily with everyone except him; who, he very much liked to point out as frequently as he fucking could, had known you the longest out of all those extras.

You cried out as he shot a huge explosion out towards the grounds, covering your ears as the sound caused your head to ring.

Scorch marks carved deep into the scuffed dirt from where he had aimed it produced a faint sizzling sound as his whole body heaved with exertion of using his quirk that much.

That would draw attention.

"DO YOU HONESTLY FUCKING THINK THAT I'D BE DOING ALL THIS SHIT IF I HAD A FUCKING GIRLFRIEND?!?!" Bakugou snapped, completely fed up with your cluelessness. For one of the smartest fucking people, you were shit at reading social cues.

He had been fucking infatuated with you since day one.

"Huh?" You squeaked.

Lowering his stance, he rolled his eyes in annoyance and dropped his shoulders. In two swift strides, he closed the distance between the two of you.

Bakugou's abnormally high temperature enveloped you as he braced himself so that he was hovering an inch away from your body. His bated breath fanned out over your lips and holding your breath, your gaze flitted to lock onto his darkened eyes.

He smirked as pink dusted your cheeks. "Tell me what you fucking want."

Your ragged breath had nothing on the way your eyes sparkled with forbidden hope. It hinged on your answer. Everything that you had locked away to protect yourself from the inevitable rejection that would come with since he was in an established relationship.

Except, he wasn't. And he was stretching his hand out for you to take.

You never wanted anything more.

"You." You breathed, a slight whine slipping past your lips as he crept closer. "Please."