My Home, In My Heart (May We Never To Part)

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating for a few weeks guys 😅 Real life got sort of crazy, with both of my jobs, and it honestly sucked my motivation for a little while, but I'm back now and with me, I bring this lovely fanfic for the equally as lovely and wonderful @Emily_Davison on Archive of Our Own 🥰

I hope you enjoy this fanfic hon, I'm sorry again for the long wait! Thank you for all of your love and support, you're such an incredible person and writer and I'm forever thankful I get the privilege to call you my friend!💖

To all of my other amazing readers, I hope that you also enjoy this fic and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEE let me know what you think, it really helps to motivate me to write even more! I love you guys!! 👀💙

Disclaimer: I do not own Spider-Man or any related materials.

__________

"It is true that those we meet can change us, sometimes so profoundly that we are not the same afterwards, even unto our names."

- Yann Martel "Life Of Pi"

__________

Midtown High's Avengers-themed Spirit Week sounded like an awesome idea to Peter until they finally got to Iron Man's day.

It's Friday, the last day before Spring Break and Peter's stomach churns as he walks further down the hallway toward his first class. Around him, various posters of Iron Man hang from the walls, replacing Black Widow and Hawkeye's from yesterday's Spirit Day. The slit blue eyes of the suit seem to follow the spiderling as he gets closer and closer to his English classroom.

Peter shivers, averting his eyes and ducking his shoulders. He swallows, missing the normal comfort that the metallic gaze would hold. If he's truly honest with himself, the only thing stopping him from completely having a little, tiny mental breakdown is the fact that he gets to see Tony tonight, right after school.

Mr. Stark's alive. He's alive and whole -- well, mostly whole, since he did lose an arm, but still -- and everything's fine. God, Parker, stop being so dramatic.

That doesn't stop his hands from shaking, however, and the spiderling hikes his backpack further up his shoulders as he finally steps into Mrs. Perce's classroom.

"Hey dude," Ned greets him, the shorter boy holding out his hand for Peter to fist bump. His round face is lit up in a grin and Peter tries his hardest match with one of his own. "Today's the day, huh?"

"Yeah," Peter says, slipping in his normal seat behind the other boy. He sets his backpack near his feet, pulling out his binder just as the late bell chimes above them. "Yeah, it's gonna be, uh, be great."

"Iron Man, the savior of the Universe." Ned recites, his dark eyes sparkling as he turns to face the SmartBoard and Peter ignores the harsh jab of pain that flashes through his chest. He winces, suddenly grateful that Ned's in-front of him. "It's going to be epic. Did you hear that we're going to be watching some sort of, like, documentary or something in History?"

"Oh, uh, really?" Peter feels panic flare under his skin, his spidey-senses tingling. Goosebumps rise along the 15-year-old's arms and Peter tries to unsuccessfully brush them away. "Can't-Can't wait."

"I know, right." Ned laughs, and Peter resists the urge to shrink smaller in his chair. "Anyways, how's the whole thing with MJ coming along?"

Pushing aside the non-wavering anxiety now crushing at his insides, Peter attempts to focus, at least a little, on some form of normality, instead of getting lost in his own head, and his own memories.