Chapter 15

Hermione had been half-asleep for nearly three hours. Prior she had gathered a bunch of leaves to lie her head on and did her best to find comfort while curled up in between the roots of the large tree. The little bit of fire she had made had since simmered to glimmering ashes. The cold was beginning to set it and Hermione could feel it in her bones.

Hermione's pure exhaustion was the only reason for her attempt at sleep. The noises, or lack of, of the forest unsettled her. Every once and a while there'd be a small branch snap. Or a crinkle of leaves in the distance. The wind would rustle the branches and she wondered how alone she really was. She could be surrounded by life and wouldn't know it.

She felt as if she was actually sleeping with one eye open. She knew she was dozing at some points because she was having vivid dreams of the horrific sight of Draco split open in front of her.

She could taste the iron on her lips from where her blood covered hand had cupped over her mouth in shock.The pale man had become even more pale. He looked blue, a deep blue that meant nothing but death. She thought it was her fault. The look on his face was blank. She was confused at the lack of emotion on his face after nearly being split in two. Sure, he had been unconscious but even in the beginning his face was still so straight. So blank. Draco's face didn't even waver when he was near death. It didn't waver even when he was catching her in the middle of the air. His ego still stood firm even when he had physically been split.

She was dreaming of the moment she had attempted to hold the bleeding man together. Pressing her body against his. How the blood that soaked through her jumper was warm. She began having flashbacks of grabbing his wand and straddling him. Only this time the bleeding man wasn't Draco.

It was Ron.

"Hello Mione." The dream Ron had spoke to her with blood stained teeth. Hermione dropped the wand and stood quickly in shock nearly screaming.

"Let me die." Ron garbled again. Blood rattling in the back of his throat. Smiling a sinister smile while he dug his hands into his open wound and seemed to pull it apart more. Hermione screamed. The room had become dark. Blood was everywhere.

It's just a dream. Wake up.

The bleeding and mangled body of Ron Weasley began to stand in front of Hermione. Only now they were back in their old dorm in Hogwarts. His blood and insides slipped out of him and hit the ground with a splash as he stood. Ron's eyes were no longer blue. The whites of eyes had been overcome with a black shade. He appeared demonic.

"Wouldn't that be best Mione? Hm? If I was dead?" He stepped towards Hermione. Hermione found herself stuck. She could not speak, she could not move. She watched as Ron approached her, stepping over his own intestines to get closer.

"Then, kill me Hermione." He whispered as he neared her face. The dream had become so real Hermione thought she could smell his cologne. The dream Ron grabbed a mug shard off the counter. The same one she had used to defend herself. He shoved it to her neck and yelled with an unfamiliar deep voice.

"KILL ME HERMIONE!"

WAKE UP!

Hermione jolted awake. Overwhelmed by the darkness of the forrest as she came to. She began smoothing out her body with her hands to be sure she was completely unharmed. She kept swiveling her head to be sure she was alone. Taking moments where she held her breath to be sure she heard no one. Again, the silence of the forest only disturbed her but at least the snapping and crinkling had stopped. Her heart felt as if it was nearly beating out of her chest.

She calmed her breathing before situating herself as comfortable as she could against the white oak behind her. Her nose had felt like a piece of ice attached to her face and her lips felt numb. She pulled her sleeves over her hands and nuzzled her chin into her chest. She was thankful for the mane of hair she still had left and used it to warm her ears and neck.