Chapter 2: The Unexpected Tragedy

𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘:

𝚑𝚒 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔! 𝚒 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚜𝚒𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜, 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕, 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢.

𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔: 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦. 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐 𝑠𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑗𝑓 𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑘𝑖𝑝 𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑒𝑒 3 ***

𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚘 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚜𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚕 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎: 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝙰𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊: 11 13 14. 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚝!

𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕤𝕚𝕥 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕠𝕪 '𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕚𝕣𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕄𝕚𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕣.

*𝙽𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙰𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

Adrien sits there in shock. Unsure of what to do, he kneels down next to her and wraps his arms around her body. Sophia cry's into his shoulders screaming in pain. Adrien's heart breaks to see his lady in pain- her heart has been ripped into a millon pieces.

Adrien continuously pats her back and tries to comfort her in every way he possibly could. He whispered into her ear "It's going to be alright m'lady."

Her screams filled his ears and the pain and heartbreak she felt, filled his body.

*𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙸𝙰𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

I had just finished discussing my brand line with Emili while Natalie wrote down notes on her tablet. I heard a terrifying scream coming from the living room.

At first I was unsure of who it was and then I realized... It was Sophia. I run upstairs and barge through the living room door. I find Adrien holding Sophia comforting her while she cries the unstoppable pain away.

*𝙽𝙰𝚁𝚁𝙰𝚃𝙾𝚁𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

Carla and Jared were still sitting at the kitchen counter, scrolling through media and organizing plans with friends. Jared had just got up to a nutrition bar from the kitchen pantry until a horrified scream fled through the house.

Jared and Carla look at each other in concern. They hear a sudden bang of the big doors opening with a huge amount of force, followed by a scuffle of feet. Carla spots her mother run up the flight of stairs followed by Natalie and Emilie. Carla than runs after her mum without hesitation. Jared wasn't far behind.

*𝙰𝙳𝚁𝙸𝙰𝙽𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

I stand up and see Maria standing in the doorway. Sophia falls to the ground crying. Maria runs over and holds her up trying to communicate with her. Natalie and Mother run in. Natalie runs over to Sophia to make sure she is alright. I stand next to mother in silence. My heart breaking to see her in so much pain.

Carla and Jared run in and gasp at the sight of Sophia in such an unstable state. They also run over and kneel by her side. I could hear Maria's voice trying to comfort her over her daughter's scream's.

I look up at my mother in worry and she whispers into my ear "Son, I think this is family business. Please head for the car." I follow my mother's instructions and walk out of the living room with a long look on her face. I hear my mother close the living room door's behind her.

I walk past Nick and give her a slight smile. He stands in the long hallway as still as a statue. My mother approaches him and I can't hear much of their conversation but can pick out small words. As I go to open the front door, I hear the dreadful screams of the family repeatedly screaming Sophia's name. My heart stops.

I can sense that something is wrong and hear feet shuffling around. In a matter of seconds, Carla had run to the kitchen counter in tears scavenging for something. She picks up her phone and starts dialing a number in. Next minute, she's on the phone to 000.

I feel a mix of emotions of worry, sadness, fear and concern fill my body. A few seconds later, Jared has ran downstairs and came straight to us. He mumbles "I'm extremely sorry you were put through this and had to experience this." I reply back still worrying for Sophia, "It's okay but is Sophia okay?" Before Jared could respond, a ambulance pulls up. A woman hops out of the drivers seat with a big red bag and runs straight in while Carla leads her to Sophia. I look at the truck and a man starts running to the front entrance with a stretcher bed.

After several minutes of pacing back and forth wondering what had happened, the woman comes down the stairs and walks out the door. She places the red bag into the ambulance car and opens the back. The man comes down the stairs with the assistance of Jared, carrying the stretcher with Sophia on it.

I hop into the back of the ambulance with Sophia and can see her eyes opening and closing. Most of her face is covered by the mask providing her with oxygen to breath. I held her right hand, starring into her beautiful eyes.

*𝚂𝙾𝙿𝙷𝙸𝙰𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅*

I see Adrien sitting on my right. I take a look at my surroundings and realize I'm in the back on an ambulance. I hear the sirens ringing as they rush to the hospital. This brings back trauma from when I was only 6 years old and had got into a..

𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕪𝕒'𝕝𝕝 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕀 𝕡𝕦𝕥 𝕒 𝕝𝕠𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕗𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣! ♥︎

𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝟸 𝚍𝚜𝚢𝚜.

𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚛 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚜 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢! 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕!