🍂🍁 falling for you 🍁🍂

A/N: i wrote this in class a few months ago it's kind of a mess but i'll probably get around to revising it sometime. also in this i projected onto y/n with my eczema skin problem which doesn't usually get a lot of attention as an insecurity :DDD

~~ where tsukishima and y/n walk home together after practice :0~~

rock guitar blasts through my ears as i comb two fingers through the sides of my hair

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

rock guitar blasts through my ears as i comb two fingers through the sides of my hair. the drum bass beat syncs up with my head bopping. my sneakers skid with a squeak against the yellow-ish wood as i bend down to pick up a stray volleyball. the pads of my fingers squish the smooth yellow and blue stripes of the ball.

"say there's this person you pass in the hall everyday," i start off singing quietly. i toss the ball i just picked up into the metal barred cage of volleyballs. "you've known him since seventh grade."

"you're used to thinking about him in a certain way~" i sing, unknowingly increasing the volume of my voice. i glance up to spot tsukishima making eye contact with me from across the gym, with his bag strapped around him. i mumble the next lyrics under my breath. "from the persona that he displays.."

increasing the speed at which i'm picking up volleyballs to escape as fast as possible, i try to ignore the much taller volleyball player. he was, unlike his very nice best friend, the intimidating type. the first time we both encountered each other in a practice between the girls' and boy's team, he scared me. it's mostly because of a few instances during that first practice together that i totaled up, in which he looked at me in a weird way. i wouldn't say it was glare, but more of a judging look, as if there was something wrong with my appearance.

unfortunately for me, that was the day i decided to reveal my eczema scars, which were all over my legs and arms. up until that point i was pretty insecure about them, so when i was stared at by a popular boy in my grade, my confidence was crushed. ever since then i haven't worn short sleeves or taken off thigh highs. a few times, though, on separate occasions, i caught myself staring at the attractive blond. i couldn't help myself. his smarts weren't the only reason he was popular. he's actually quite attractive, but it's his personality that just makes me shy away.

"-that guy that i'd kinda be into-" stephanie tsu's voice sounds into my ears. my eyes trail up to tsukishima, who sort of fits into this song. "is he worth it? tsukki?~ is he?" did i hear that right? was that my mind playing tricks on me? wasn't that lyric supposed to be 'jeremy'?

"hey." a voice fairly near calls me. telling by the slight softness and perfect pitch of the voice(yes, i have a thing for voices), it's tsukishima. his tone was obviously scary. i only feel a fraction of the fear yachi feels towards men, especially him. feeling hopeless, i don't even bother to attempt to pretend i cannot hear him.

"yes?" i answer, turning my music down to 2 bars. by now i was halfway through the second verse. oh yeah and tsukishima's also in front of me. he's close enough that i have to tilt my head upwards to make eye contact with him.