🍂🍁 falling for you 🍁🍂

A/N: i wrote this in class a few months ago it's kind of a mess but i'll probably get around to revising it sometime. also in this i projected onto y/n with my eczema skin problem which doesn't usually get a lot of attention as an insecurity :DDD

~~ where tsukishima and y/n walk home together after practice :0~~

rock guitar blasts through my ears as i comb two fingers through the sides of my hair

rock guitar blasts through my ears as i comb two fingers through the sides of my hair. the drum bass beat syncs up with my head bopping. my sneakers skid with a squeak against the yellow-ish wood as i bend down to pick up a stray volleyball. the pads of my fingers squish the smooth yellow and blue stripes of the ball.

"say there's this person you pass in the hall everyday," i start off singing quietly. i toss the ball i just picked up into the metal barred cage of volleyballs. "you've known him since seventh grade."

"you're used to thinking about him in a certain way~" i sing, unknowingly increasing the volume of my voice. i glance up to spot tsukishima making eye contact with me from across the gym, with his bag strapped around him. i mumble the next lyrics under my breath. "from the persona that he displays.."

increasing the speed at which i'm picking up volleyballs to escape as fast as possible, i try to ignore the much taller volleyball player. he was, unlike his very nice best friend, the intimidating type. the first time we both encountered each other in a practice between the girls' and boy's team, he scared me. it's mostly because of a few instances during that first practice together that i totaled up, in which he looked at me in a weird way. i wouldn't say it was glare, but more of a judging look, as if there was something wrong with my appearance.

unfortunately for me, that was the day i decided to reveal my eczema scars, which were all over my legs and arms. up until that point i was pretty insecure about them, so when i was stared at by a popular boy in my grade, my confidence was crushed. ever since then i haven't worn short sleeves or taken off thigh highs. a few times, though, on separate occasions, i caught myself staring at the attractive blond. i couldn't help myself. his smarts weren't the only reason he was popular. he's actually quite attractive, but it's his personality that just makes me shy away.

"-that guy that i'd kinda be into-" stephanie tsu's voice sounds into my ears. my eyes trail up to tsukishima, who sort of fits into this song. "is he worth it? tsukki?~ is he?" did i hear that right? was that my mind playing tricks on me? wasn't that lyric supposed to be 'jeremy'?

"hey." a voice fairly near calls me. telling by the slight softness and perfect pitch of the voice(yes, i have a thing for voices), it's tsukishima. his tone was obviously scary. i only feel a fraction of the fear yachi feels towards men, especially him. feeling hopeless, i don't even bother to attempt to pretend i cannot hear him.

"yes?" i answer, turning my music down to 2 bars. by now i was halfway through the second verse. oh yeah and tsukishima's also in front of me. he's close enough that i have to tilt my head upwards to make eye contact with him.