4

Another day wasted, doing nothing interesting at all. You're probably wondering, what do I do with my life? Long story cut short, my parents are in good jobs, they pay for me to live in an apartment on my own. It's quite nice if I'm honest. Although, I feel as if I should actually get a job sometime; my GCSE results were pretty good, as well as my A Levels which I finished earlier in the year. Maybe I could do something with a subject I took? Then maybe I could pay my parents back. And who knows, they may be proud of me?

12:09am

It's that time again. Instead of contemplating whether to go or not I found myself already sat at the steering wheel. It's nice to have someone to share my late nights with, no one really seems to care. Friends? I've never really had many, I was bullied throughout my school years because I was 'different' and I actually wanted to achieve the best results possible; and I guess I did. My thoughts are interrupted as my phone sounds from beside me.

Message from Bradley x

12:14am - I hope you haven't forgot, see you soon...I hope x

I felt bad ignoring the message but due to my mind trailing off again I knew I'd have to set off now in order to arrive on time.

12:57am

I quickly park my car before shoving my phone into my coat pocket as well as locking the car and putting the keys in with my phone. Trying to prevent my thoughts from taking over I walk quickly, desperately trying to avoid being late.

1:00am

Just in time.

"Hello psychopath" I chuckle as Bradley smiles, looking up from his phone. I go and sit next to him on the bench we were sat on last night.

"I thought it was Bradley?" He laughs.

"Psychopath Bradley, there, better?"

"Just Bradley, I like it when you call me Bradley" He replies.

"Whys that?"

"It sounds better when you say it"

I chuckle lightly before changing the subject. "So how are you?"

"Just tired I guess, being in a band isn't as easy as it seems"

"I gathered" I reply, recalling last nights events.

"I'm alcohol free, search me!" Bradley winks.

"Hilarious." I reply a little to sarcastically.

"Tell me about yourself" Bradley suddenly asks as he turns to face me.

"There's nothing to tell" I reply.

"Why do you like going out late at night?" He asks.

"I could ask you the same thing" I whisper.

"Okay, if you tell me, I'll tell you. Deal?" Bradley suggests.

"Fine." Bradley smiles and nods, gesturing for me to continue; so I do.

"In school, I was the girl no one really noticed or cared about. I had no friends. Well, I had one. But I'd rather not talk about that, she passed away. She made a choice and she left the world. I just feel as if the late night drives and being in the dark at night make me feel like she's still there with me. You know? Because no ones around, I'm used to it. Ever since I've been alone, I live in an apartment and my parents pay for everything for me. I guess they feel sympathy towards me after my school years. I guess the late night drives are my getaway from life's problems. It's always been a habit of mine I guess, before I could drive I'd just walk around most of the night; my parents never noticed." After explaining I sit there feeling empty. Realising how lonely I was and am. Bradley is the only person I've opened up to since the passing of my friend.

"I know how it feels to be alone, in school I was bullied too, beaten up and verbally abused due to my musical ambitions. I'd normally go for walks to a park in Birmingham, I'd sit under the tree and play the guitar to myself. Like you, I had pretty much no one. Well, I had my dog. So I guess that counts." Bradley pauses for a second. "I know, I won't be in Devon forever but I hope you know I'm here if you need me. I feel like I can trust you. You're a strong, beautiful and great girl. Thank you for everything the past few days. It means a lot to me." Brad bows his head slightly.

I knew a friendship wouldn't last long, it's me. I never have any friends.

"So you leave, when?" I ask

"Tomorrow"

"Oh"

"This is going to sound so crazy." Bradley pauses.

"Come with me." He speaks as he bites his lower lip.

"What?" I ask with confusion.

"You heard"

"Band counsellor, how does that sound?"

"Bradley, I'm not even qualified"

"You helped me pretty well last night"

"I don't know..."

"What GCSE's did you take?" He asks.

"Media and Photography, along wi-" Bradley interrupts me.

"Joe said we needed a second photographer, I can speak to him, and you can help write interviews too!"

"Bradley, you only met me two days ago!"

"Exactly, two days isn't enough. You're a great friend. Jess, please?" Bradley practically begs.

"I-I-I'll think about it" I stutter.

"Come on, it'll be a laugh, you can meet the boys and you'll get paid for working for us! Me and the boys can be your friends. With us, you'll never be alone again, I promise. We'll look after you"

--------------------------------------------
Double update because I'm feeling kind!

Keep reading; don't forget to vote and comment! It encourages me to update bc I'm lazy, oops.

Thanks to my friend Abbie for helping me with the idea for the chapter in Bradley's P.O.V! You're great!

Stay fab!

Twitter: @/vampsdevon

~ Jess :)