Chapter 1: Runaway Ringleader

Everybody loves the circus, but even the most innocent looking circus has a dark secret or two. But, there was one circus that truly had a heart of darkness.

The Diamond Sisters' Circus was one of the biggest attractions around. It was a circus and a carnival all rolled into one. The whole joint was ran by three sisters.

White Diamond was the oldest of the trio and had the most power of everything. However, she abused that power and ran the circus with an iron fist.

Blue Diamond was the middle sister and was mostly in charge of the performances that took place under the big tent.

Pink Diamond was the youngest of the sisters and had the least amount of authority in the circus. White Diamond would often belittle her sister by making her believe that she would never amount to being in charge of anything.

Most of the circus staff were taken in from off the streets because they had nowhere left to go. White Diamond was happy to welcome the unfortunates and provide for them as long as agree to follow one rule: never leave the circus.

That rule also applied to her younger sisters. At least, it did after White found out that Blue Diamond was in a relationship with a man outside the circus. It was the only way to keep the middle sister from abandoning the family business.

Of course, the exposure of Blue's romantic relationship was the only the beginning for the ringleader. While the circus was Bayburg for spring break, Blue Diamond discovered that she was pregnant. She wasn't unhappy that she was going to be a mother. Having a baby was a blessing at best. What concerned the ringleader so was how White Diamond would react.

The eldest Diamond sister typically didn't allow her workers take vacation time, let alone go on maternity leave. And there were usually no days off either unless there was bad weather.

For now, Blue's pregnancy was on a need-to-know basis. One of the few people who knew that the ringleader was expecting was her youngest sister, Pink. She was the only sister Blue Diamond could trust.

But as the months carried on, the pregnant sister knew that White wouldn't be clueless for long. The head ringmaster eventually caught on with Blue's peculiar behavior.

"I see you're well into your pregnancy." White Diamond discussed. "Just know that this should not hinder your ability to run this place."

"White, you have to understand." Blue Diamond began.

"Now don't you worry your pretty little head, sister." the white-haired ringleader cooed, giving her sister's head a pat. "Once the baby is born, I shall take full responsibility of raising the child myself."

Blue felt a little uneasy about her sister's promise. Knowing White, any child who wasn't her adopted son Jasper; she would neglect within a heartbeat.

Luckily the middle sister had someone else to help her with this baby dilemma, Rose Quartz the lion tamer. Rose was also in charge of the carnival's petting zoo. It was tucked away and White Diamond didn't go back there because of the smell.

"When you feel like you're about to give birth, come to the petting zoo and I'll help you deliver the baby." Rose told the pregnant ringmaster.

Then one night during the circus' week in Beach City, Blue Diamond started to feel contractions and her water broke quickly after.

"Pink!" Blue alerted her little sister. "The baby is coming!"

So quickly and carefully, the two ringleaders snuck over to the petting zoo without White Diamond noticing. Rose Quartz was already waiting for them.