Competition Day

AUTHOR POV
DAY OF COMPETITION

The ALDC bus arrived and everyone started to cheer and scream for them as they walked through the long crowd of girls like they were on the red carpet

The ALDC bus arrived and everyone started to cheer and scream for them as they walked through the long crowd of girls like they were on the red carpet. Maya loved the attention, even though she knew the attention was for everyone she still felt like the star.

ABBY'S INTERVIEW

"When we pulled up into that beautiful theatre in Wheeling, West Virginia, there was a huge crowd outside. People were chanting my name. It was crazy, I felt like Justin Bieber for a minute (🌚)

They walked into the big theater and headed to their dressing room. As soon as they got in there they sat down in front of a vanity mirror. "Think about that. See, girls, that's what I try to tell you. You're the Abby Lee Dance Company. Everybody knows who you are. They expect greatness, so you can't be one bit less on stage today." Abby said sternly, wanting them to win, no matter what.

Everyone started to do their makeup and hair and set their clothes up. Maya was kind of nervous but confident, this was her first time dancing alone on TV. They can make anything look bad, they can edit every one and anything they want. Maya wanted to be perfect for this.

Abby pulls out a box and starts to open it with scissors. "I don't know, Nia. Your mom was pretty pushy." Abby warns her but Holly has a big smile on her face happier than Nia was.

HOLLY INTERVIEW

"As Abby opened up the box of costumes, I just saw that glimmer of yellow."

Abby pulls out Nia's costume and Holly cheers going to grab the costume from Abby. Everyone laughs at Holly's reaction to the dress.

"I know it's a winning costume. I just want Nia to prove to Abby, prove herself, prove to everyone that she worked hard, she's an amazing dancer, and she deserves this solo."

End of Holly's Interview

Maya always loved Nia, she loved how Nia was confident even when Abby tried to put her down, she always got back up.

TIME SKIP

"Ladies and Gentlemen next up to this stage would be number 116. This is a preteen Jazz Trio."

The three girls were nervous but Chloe told not to be and told them that it would be okay. The announcer says their name as they stand in their poses "Good luck guys!" Maya says in a whisper and they go out on stage.

"Chloe, Paige, and Kendall dancing to 'Buckle up.' "