-Bucky Survives-

Bucky POV

I feel cold and my eyes felt heavy. My left arm was throbbing and stinging. I couldn't feel my arm from the shoulder down.

I slowly open my eyes and see snow falling gently on my face.

There is ice and rock walls surrounding me. My body feels num probably from laying in the snow.

I look to my sides to get a better look at my surroundings. What happened?

I think, then remember I fell off of the freight train where Steve, the howling commandos, and I were trying to capture Dr. Zola.

I sigh then look to my left. I see blood covering the snow and I glance to my arm. Only there was no arm.

I gulp in a huge amount of air because of the fear I gained from seeing my arm missing.

I look over to my arm again and see the other part a few feet away.

Then, I think quickly and pull my my self up against a rock with my right arm. I take my belt off of my uniform and tie it around my arm so it doesn't bleed out.

I hiss at the stinging sensation the arm receives as I tie the belt as tightly as I could.

I sigh after I finish and look around. Great I was in an icy ravine. I was technically trapped. How am I supposed to get out?

As I look to my side I see a metal bar a few feet away from where I am sitting. I crawl towards it and pick it up.

It was the metal bar I was dangling from on the train.

I think for awhile and then come up with an idea. I grab the metal and then take off my gun holster that's around my chest and tie it to one end of the metal.

After I get it made I grab the side of a boulder and help myself up. I walk to a side of the ravine and use the metal bar as a grappling hook and the gun holster as a rope.

I get half way up the ravine and then see a foot hold in the ice. I start climbing with my one arm and finally reach the top.

My arm is throbbing and I grab a chunk of snow off the ground and hold it up to my amputated arm.

After the pain goes away I start walking. I look in my pockets remembering I had a compass.

I pull it out and see the glass is shattered but the arrow is still pointing North.

I remember that the US army camp is North from where the mission started.

I start traveling North and hiding every now and then because I come across some HYDRA soldiers.

It soon becomes nightfall and I need a safe place to rest. I find a small cave and go in.

I walk towards the cave and then sit down and go into a light sleep.

I wanted to sleep light just in case anyone was to come into the cave and attack me.

I wake up early. I step outside and see the sun rising. I decided to get an early start in walking so I start heading north.

About 2 days later I reach an area with more trees and the snow starts going away. I travel through the forest area and avoid any troops or battle fields.

I watch where I step just so I don't step on any mounds that could trigger mines.

I ran into two enemy soldiers and I knock them out from behind and I take one of their guns, take the other guns ammo, all their ammo on their belts and pockets, and I take some of their rations from their backpacks along with their water flasks.