Chapter 16

Hyorin yawned as she closed her locker, exhausted by her late night of studying. She made it through her classes though, heading towards the broadcasting room for her broadcast.

Along the way, she heard footsteps running towards her and jumped as Renjun and Haechan popped up in front of her.

"Omo, you two scared me." Hyorin told the two, who giggled for a moment before becoming serious again.

"Okay but we have something to ask you." Haechan said but Renjun quickly slid in front of him.

"He's lying there's nothing I have to say." Renjun blurted out, but Hyorin noticed Haechan roll his eyes.

"Are you just going to sit there and not do anything for you entire life. This is your chance, Hyorin could probably help you with-"

"I think," Hyorin said, stopping Haechan with a hand, "That Renjun will tell me whatever it is when he's ready to."

"And she's right." Renjun said, glaring at Haechan. Hyorin watched as Haechan let out a deep sigh, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever but knowing you, that will probably be never." Haechan said, crossing his arms. "Anyways, what are you holding?"

"My script for today." Hyorin said, waving it in front of the boys as they made their way to the broadcasting room. Unfortunately, with her busy day, she didn't have much time to go over it so she stole a glance now. "It's on..."

Hyorin's voice trailed off as her face changed and this didn't go unnoticed by the others. She could see them exchange looks before turning back to her.

"So what is it on?" Renjun asked, peeking at the paper but Hyorin had already read it. She let out a deep sigh, returning her hands to her side.

"Break ups."

...

Hyorin took a deep breath as Minho gave her a thumbs up, signalling to her that she could start her broadcast. She faked a smile to the others outside the recording room, watching her broadcast live.

"Hello everyone, welcome to another day of 'The Butterflies of Love.' My name is Yoon Hyorin and today we have a story on an interesting topic, break ups."

Hyorin knew that the people listening to her broadcast would need a moment to take that in so she gave it a second before continuing.

"In relationships, there always seems to be good and bad, but when do you know when enough is enough?" Hyorin read, focusing on her script. "Recently, I've been watching my friend go down a downward spiral in their relationship and I'm fully convinced that it's not worth it anymore. My friend doesn't agree though, and still thinks there's good in it but I really don't know anymore."

Hyorin looked up and saw that the members of the broadcasting team were all sitting there, deep in thought. Even Minho, who was normally watching her attentively, seemed distracted by her words.

It's a hard subject, Hyorin thought as she continued her broadcast.

"To the person that submitted this story, thank you. I think many of us have felt the same way before and I agree, this is a very tough situation to be in." Hyorin said. From now on, she would have to speak from her own thoughts, no more writing in the script to guide her.

"Break ups, there's always a gloomy storm cloud above her heads when we think about them. It's always associated with the bad times that come after one, the heartbreak, the awkwardness, and the  tension between two people that were once lovers." Hyorin bit her lip. Even though she had given advice on this subject to people many times, it felt weird saying it over her broadcast, with so many people listening in.

"However, like many changes in our lives, break ups are also a signs of a new beginning. Perhaps the person you were with weren't the one meant for you and there's someone better out there. Or maybe you weren't ready yet and the understanding was not there and with time apart, it will be better." Hyorin said, fiddling with the pen in her hands.

"Either way, break ups are a normal part of love and relationships, and although it can be a hard time, you will come back stronger after. It always amazes me how much stronger people are afterwards and I'm sure that it will be the same for all of you." Hyorin hoped that her words were making sense because on the inside, she was a nervous wreck, not exactly knowing if what she was saying would be helpful.

She glanced down at the script, quickly skimming over the story again.

"To the owner of this story, I think that your friend will know when to put an end to their relationship. If it really is going as badly as you think it is, the thought has probably ran through their head a few times, and is something that they are considering. The best thing to do is to be there and support your friend no matter what, like good friends do." Hyorin took another deep breath, feeling her racing heart begin to calm down as she neared the end of the session.

"To the friend, I want to tell you that although break ups are hard, it's important to do what's best for you. If you can't be your best self with the person you are with, than you are not only hurting yourself but the person you are with as well. A relationship is built around two people that can support each other and lean on each other no matter what, and if you can't do that anymore, it probably isn't worth fighting for."

Hyorin felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders as she put the script down, putting together her final words in her head.

"Overall, despite all the negativity around break ups, just remember that after the long journey, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Even though this one relationship didn't work, it doesn't mean that your relationships will never work out, just that this one was not meant to be."

Hyorin saw Minho smile, nodding his head and knew that she had done a good job. She smiled back, adjusting her position.

"So that was today's broadcast of 'The Butterflies of Love' and I hope you were all able to gain a new perspectives to break ups. Our broadcasts will continue with our regular schedule so make sure to tune it.  This is Yoon Hyorin and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day."

Hyorin watched as the red light turned off, signalling that her broadcast was now over. She adjusted the papers, smoothing her hair before getting up, tucking in her chair before exiting the room.

Hyorin could feel the everyone's eyes on her as she returned her scipt to her bag which was sitting on a chair beside Minho. She looked to her captain, who had a huge smirk on his face.

"What is it? Do I have something on my face?" Hyorin asked her senior, who only shook his head.

"No, that's not it." Minho chuckled, and Hyorin noticed everyone beginning to continue with their regular duties.

"Then why are you giving me that look?" Hyorin asked, narrowing her eyes.

"I don't know, I just find it interesting that you have such good advice for someone that's never been in love before."

———————————————————————————

Minho we get it 😂