Chapter 1 ''How to tell about a dead man''

When Atis Wellman(1) got word of Korri'ks espionage his Shuva(2) raged. Russe was a good man he had a wife and 3 kids. How would he deliver the news, this would sadden everyone in thes dire times. Atis walked into the hallway. He was in in the basement of the Astral library. The 4th biggest library ever. Atis and the altered had a agency for crime investigation in the basement of the library. Atis was part of the touched or altered, they were gifted each with a separate ability. Atis's being that he could sense any nearby heat source. Atis took the elevator up from the secret agency downstairs. The elevator's door slid upward opening into the main central room of the library the huge window, in the middle of each door, revealed the Astral tower. The 16th largest man made structure, the structure reached space. Atis walked out of the library and started to walk towards the slums, were Russe's family lived. As he walked Atis got the occasional ''hello captain'' from people that passed. That was because Atis was a well known captain of the ship ''Adamant'' the strongest 5 star Alliance(3) ship. Atis stepped on a minibus(4), and after about twenty minutes he reached his destination. Or at least as close a s he could to it the minibus tunnels didn't dare go into the slums. For criminals were like a hydra every one killed two took its place. After ten minutes he was knocking on Russe's family's house. A little girl opened the door she said '' Hello Mr.W, were's daddy''. This made Atis feel even worse, His family was expecting him. But he was dead. Then Tali, Russe's wife, walked by.''Hey Atis why are you here.'' she said. Well Atis guessed he had to talk about it. ''Hey miss Gooder lets go sit at the table''. Tali new something was wrong. As they sat Atis took a quick look in the mirror on the wall of this run down apartment. He could see his rutty hair,smooth skin,and green eyes. He also saw the scar going across his face from when he was first taken by his Shuva. After they sat down Atis said '' I'm sorry your husband is dead''

(1) Atis is a human male coming from earth. He is one of the few survivors from the destruction. (2) A Shuva is a parasite that picks a host and implants itself in the host's brain. Occasionally telling the host what to do, and always giving the host immense strength. Sometimes even giving unknown powers. (3) The Alliance is the name of the group of united planets. (4) A minibus is like a bus but for one person. It runs in a tunnel system go almost everywere in town.