[who's the blonde?]

hiccup grinned at her as they walked up to his house, she had decided to drop him off instead of making him take the long walk back this late at night. "today was...fun." hiccup mumbled as she smiled at him softly.

"yeah, besides the nearly falling to our deaths part, luckily i have experience." she chuckled to herself.

they stopped at his door and stared at each other awkwardly. "so, uhm i'll see you tomorrow then? i'll bring more chicken." hiccup scratched the back of his head and rocked back and forth on his feet.

"yeah, see you tomorrow hiccup." she gave him a small smile and turned to walk away but hiccup called her back.

"hey, wait." she turned back and her eyes widened in shock as the awkward boy pecked her cheek. "that's for, you know, saving my life earlier."

she unfroze herself and smiled, pecking his cheek in return. "and that's for not killing me or my dragon when you had the chance."

he chuckled awkwardly again and began to back up towards his house slowly. "yeah, sorry for the rock thing as well."

"no worries hiccup, see you tomorrow." she winked at him before turning on her heel and sprinting off towards where she left toothless to hide.

"she seems nice." hiccup yelled out at the sound of his father voice from the front door.

"dad! when did you-when did you get back?" hiccup stuttered staring at him in fear.

"don't worry son, i didn't hear any of your conversation. but come inside please, i need to talk to you." hiccup nodded and ran inside but stoik stayed and stared in the direction of where the girl went with a scowl. "don't come back lassy, i don't need you hanging around my son."

she stepped out the bush she was in and smiled cheekily at him.

"sorry cheif, can't really do that can i?"

she saluted him and raised her arm as a deadly nadder grabbed her and flew off quickly.

.............

"leaving! we are so leaving! grab your things! come on you two!" hiccups voice filled the cove and toothless dragged her into a bush with a happy gurgle.

"what?" she hissed at him, watching hiccup look around the cove for them.

"hide, then pounce." toothless gurgled lowly at her and she rolled her eyes at her best friends childish behaviour before nodding and watching hiccups movements carefully.

hiccup yelped, seeing a blonde girl sharpening her axe on a rock with a dry glare. "i want to know what's going on between you at that girl."

"w-what girl, there's no girl. huh?" hiccup stammered, backing up a little as the girl slid off of the rock.

"well, no one just gets as good as you did in dragon training." she replied, slowly walking towards him with a glare. "especially you."

"that's a little harsh." hiccup stuttered.

"start talking!" the blonde girl yelled a him. "are you training with her? is she helping you? who is she? do i know her?"

"i-i-i-, uh, training? i-i don't--"

"it better not involve this." she girl hissed, grabbing hiccups clothes harshly, toothless growling lowly at her.