28.

Double update <3

The race was over, and with it, Mella's first full weekend as an f1 engineer.Unfortunately for Nicolas, he had crash and didnt finish, while George brought the car home, in fourteenth place.It wasnt much, but it was just the first race of the season, so many things would get better with time.Lando, on the other hand, finished fourth, she was happy for him.The feeling was bittersweet.

After lunch, she ran off, not giving Lando the chance to talk to her.She felt bad, but she had to protect herself, ironic, thinking about what had happened just hours earlier.Before she left the Bahrain paddock for good, she had one last meeting with the team.

"Hello everyone, thank you for your time.I will start by saying i big thank you to everyone who worked hard to deliver this weekend, the results were not ideal, but im sure there's plenty of room for improvement"

--

She got out out of the williams hospitallity, and made her way out of the paddock.'Do you want to drive back with me?'Her heart skipped a bit as she read Lando's text.'Im in the parking lot', he texted her again, before she got to respond.And true to his words, there he was, standing in front of his car."Hey"he smiled at her."Hi,congratulations on p4."Lando opened the door for her, and walked around his car, to his side."Thank you, it was a fun race."The atmosphere between them was strange, she didnt know how to act."My flight is at 05.30, in the morning."Lando looked at her as they exited the parking lot."Oh..thats early", "Yeah.."silence filled the car.His eyes were focused on the road ahead of him."Would you like to..um, come to my room later?We can order take out and..chill, i dont know.Its okay if you dont"Her heart fluttered, and a small smile appeared on her face."I'd like that."She didnt look at him, but could hear the relief in his voice."Okay."

When the elevator arrived on the seventh floor, he spoke again."I'll see you in a bit?", "Yeah."He smiled, and watched her exit the elevator.

She couldnt wipe the stupid smile off her face.For once, things were good.She took a quick shower, and then stood in front of her suitcase, for ten minutes, debating on what to wear.It wasnt a date, they would just eat and chill, but she wanted to be cute.After removing every article of cloth she owned, and threw it on the bed, she decided to wear a black pair of  leggings, and a cropped t-shirt.On top of that, she wore a cardigan.She looked cute. She sprayed quite the amound of cologne on her neck and wrists, and when she thought she was ready, exited the room.

Her heart was beating from the anticipation.It was positive he wanted  to spend time with her.Just a couple of minutes after 22.00, she knocked on his door.He opened it almost immediately, and she couldnt help but smile in the sight of him."Hi.", "Hi."he was wearing a black pair of sweats, and a black tight t-shirt.He looked amazing."Come in", he moved to the side, giving her space to enter the room.This time, there was light, from the bedside table's lamp.It wasnt too bright, as much as it needed to create a cozy aura."You hungry?", she turned and looked at him, he was so beautiful.Their dynamic was different than all the other times, it made her feel good."Yes, very."He moved to the sofa, picking up his phone?"Pizza?"she just nodded, pizza sounded great."Any preference on the toppings?", "Um, i actually like the basic ones.", "Me too."they just looked into each other's eyes, forgetting what the were talking about.

After a while, he cleared his throat, and Mella looked away.He ordered the pizza, and put his phone back down on the couch."So..what would you like to do?" it was awkward, just a little bit, but not bad awkward, it was cute awkward."Um, i dont mind."he smiled, and moved to sit on the bed, motioning for her to follow him.He laid on his his side, and she copied him."How was your day?", "Really good, im so happy to give the team some good points, what about you?", "It was my first race, so i was very excited, i love this job.", "I do too."they laughed, and Mella looked down on her hands."Are you nervous?"he asked her."A little, are you?"she was honest, and for the first time she didnt feel like regretting it."Yeah, a bit."Her eyes met his, she would never imagine Lando being nervous around her."Why?"she couldnt stop the word coming out of her mouth."I dont know, its weird being on good terms with you."she lowered her eyes again, not knowing what to get out of his answer."Not bad weird though."he noticed the change in her mood, and clariffied his words."I didnt know good weird was a thing.", "It is now."She looked up to him, and smiled."Im just not used to it, thats what i mean."he continued."Me neither."

Their eyes stayed locked for a few minutes, before he lowered his on her lips.He put his tongue at the side of his mouth for a second, before pulling it back it.Then, he looked at her eyes again.He parted his lips to speak, when a knock was heard on the door.He blew out some air, and got up heading to the door."Its on me."