chapter one | the burning lust [m!]

"there is no fulfillment that is not made sweeter for the prolonging of desire."
jacqueline carey, kushiel's dart (phèdre's trilogy, #1)

bae joohyun

[ warning: rated m! ahead :) ]

"you know joohyun, you should come with us," her friend offered, a smile on her lips as joohyun took the graduation robe from her body. they just arrived at their apartment, in the middle of seoul, and just graduated.

she dismissed her right away, "no jennie, i need to meet my mom and dad tonight. also, going home is the best option right now. i'm knackered."

jennie put her hands on both of her hips, looking at her friend, joohyun, with a pout. "we just graduated! time to loosen yourself up," she sat on the sofa with a huff. "just one time joo, it's the last time you'll be partying and act like a gen-z woman."

joohyun looks at her, "who's going there besides you nagging me now?"

"just chae, seulgi and some friends. the usual trope..." she sighs. "i know you'll be busy with your family business after all of this fiasco, with us finding jobs and stuff, that's why just this once, hang out with us."

joohyun placed her robe on the bed and proceeded to hold out her phone to look at the time. it's already 5 pm, and the sun is slowly going down from the blue sky. she never wanted to loosen herself up, thinking this will just make her miserable. her mom and dad are waiting for her in daegu, a few hours away, and she hasn't seen them for a year or so being cooped up in her university life. joohyun wanted to go home; not being one of those youths that goes to parties on any useless occasions, even though it's their graduation today.

she was a country girl, and she loved her modesty for it. but it didn't stop her from becoming friends with jennie, a popular queen bee with lots of friends and connections in the university, and having to share the same apartment with her. jennie explained that she loves her down-to-earth approach, and even visited her hometown a year ago. they've been best friends for 3 years, and she's grateful for her company, even though sometimes it gets a little too much and she gets uncomfortable with all the scrutiny and glam jennie got with her popularity.

she sat on the bed, a sigh escaped her lips and she finally turned to her best friend who was expectantly looking at her.

"you have a dress, i suppose?"

jennie cracked a grin and stood up. "i've got the perfect fit, of course."

it was a commotion that joohyun never wanted. she was ushered with her friend into a table with lots of graduated students, their batchmates and she began to drink those that are served at the table. she silently sat on the edge of the sofa seat, in the vip section with jennie's other glammed up girls and they all have those pre-wasted movements that joohyun noticed, some slurring and laughing their ass off over silly things jennie is talking about. with joohyun's own long, straight ink-black hair and her rose gold sequin mini dress, she was pretty glammed up too. she has minimum make-up, with gloss and some pinkish hues in her pale cheeks. the dress itself was high above her knees, and it had an exposed backline with a draped neckline that made her quite cold due to the temperature of the club itself. sipping her tequila, she just silently prayed that jennie and her would go home earlier than everyone else, but to her disdain, it did not certainly go as planned.