Hey, Uncle Ben

TWs: None, but its's still a bit of a sad one so don't expect a TON of fluff haha (though there is a lil bit shhh)

Peter and I stayed up on that rooftop for a while longer, watching the sun rise higher and higher in the sky, until eventually Peter mentioned we needed to make breakfast for the other three superheroes downstairs. By then, Peter was starting to feel like eating too, and the thought of breakfast made my stomach growl pitifully.

"When was the last time you ate?" Peter asked immediately, his brow pinched with worry.

"Last night, kiddo, after you went to bed. Don't worry, I'm okay," I said with a laugh, ruffling his hair. "Guess we better go get that breakfast made huh?"

Peter nodded and hopped up, scooping up his camera and empty pop tart box before heading to the elevator with me. When we got back to the living quarters Peter went off to his room to change out of his suit, and I started towards the kitchen.

Though when I rounded the corner, I was met with the sight of Wade, asleep on the couch, a throw pillow tucked behind his head and arms laying limply over his stomach.

That's strange. I know he and Peter had Munch together last night but... what is he doing on the couch? He's not even laying down, he fell asleep sitting up, I thought, raising an eyebrow at his sleeping form.

I walked over to him and ruffled his hair gently, leaning down to look him in the eye.

"Wade? You good, buddy?" I said softly, trying to wake him as nicely as possible. He still snapped up with a jerk though, making a small noise of surprise as his eyes flicked open and blinked up at me.

"Hi," he croaked, his voice still creaky from sleep.

"Hey there," I said with a laugh, ruffling his hair more. "Whatcha doin' on the couch, Kill Bill?"

Wade only made another small noise, suddenly patting the space next to him and then frowning at it when all he felt was the couch.

"Where's Peter?" he asked, blinking blearily up at me again.

"He's in his room, he'll be back out soon. He told me how you helped him decide what to eat for Munch, thank you for doing that," I said with a smile, and Wade's cheeks turned a little red.

"Yeah no problem," he said simply. "We were talking last night while we were eating. I guess we fell asleep here."

"Ah," I said, straightening up again. "You two seem to do that a lot, don't you? First in your room, now together on the couch."

I raised an eyebrow knowingly, and Wade turned even redder, but otherwise didn't confirm or deny anything.

"Yeah, we just get to talking and just... fall asleep halfway through our conversation," he said with a nervous laugh. I didn't press any more, I don't think I'd have been able to contain my amusement if I did.

"Ya hungry, kid? I'm gonna make breakfast now, anything you'd like in particular?" I asked, walking into the kitchen and opening the fridge, considering our options. Wade turned and rested his chin on the back of the couch, staring into the kitchen.

"Chimichangas?" he said, and I rolled my eyes at him with a snort.

"Chimichangas are not a breakfast food. We could have breakfast burritos though? How's that for a compromise?" I said. Wade nodded enthusiastically, then vaulted over the couch, walking over to me.

"You want some help? Maybe I can help you cook today, give Peter a break after everything with yesterday?" Wade suggested hesitantly. I gave him a warm smile and handed him a carton of eggs.