3

Lakin POV:
I wake up the next morning yet again to the tone of my alarm. "Bloody hell" I mutter as I turn over feeling around for my phone to shut the damn thing off.

I finally get the alarm to turn off and get up to start getting ready. A quick shower, restroom trip, and clothing change do me well while I continue thinking about Vic's phrasing.

I finally shove it back in my mind as I'm pulling on my shoes and backpack, walking out the door to the meal room.

I walk in to see a few of the other staff members and grab food before sitting at a table with a few. I offer a good morning, getting multiple responses as everyone is sitting around eating, drinking coffee, and reading either journals or the news.

After breakfast, I head to the trainer's room and set up before meeting with Andi Sullivan. "Hey Andi" I state as she walks into the room.

"Hey Lakin, good morning!" she states. "good morning to you as well, what brings you in here today" I question. "Oh, just some tightness in my neck and back" she offers. "Alright sounds like I should take a look" I state with a smile. "Sit down for me here please," I say while patting a spot on the treatment table, to which she complies with my request.

I stand behind her and begin examining her shoulders, neck, and back for areas of tightness. "damn you weren't kidding when you said tightness" I mutter softly. She offers a small laugh "so I've been told".

"Alright well how about we get to work on that, lie on your stomach for me?" she nods and starts moving into position. Once she's laying down I start working at spots of tightness in her body with my hands, occasionally stopping to work at specific nerves.

"So you're recently out of university as well, correct?" I question. "Yes I am" she confirms. "What did you study?" "I majored in symbolic systems, it's the bridge between humanity and technology". "That's awesome you must be quite smart, one of my friends majored in that as well, it's quite a niche major". "That it is" she agrees "that's cool that you had a friend who majored in it, I haven't met anyone that has besides my peers of course" she states.

"But how about you, what did you study, I'd assume health sciences or something of the sorts". "Uh yes that was one of my Bachelor's degrees, but I got a couple of others and a few Ph. D.s as well," I say a bit shyly while continuing to work on a knot in her back.

"Damn, and you were calling me smart" she laughs and I smile. "Alright can you flip over for me please" she nods and does as I said. I pull her knee up and to the side and gently rotate her while supporting her back, earning a few cracks. "feel okay?" I question "amazing" she replies, prompting me to do the other side.

I then move to stand behind her and adjust her neck carefully. "Alright, you're all done" I smile at her. "Awesome thanks so much" She smiles back while standing up and beginning to walk off. "I'll see you later" "Bye Andi" I smile as she leaves.

Tierna POV: I wake up yet again to an empty room and check my phone seeing a text from Andi.
Andi: morning T, headed to the trainers, I'll meet you at breakfast?

I smile and text her back a quick okay before getting up and ready for the day. Once ready I head to the meal room. I walk in and don't see Andi, I grab food and scan the room again. Once I'm sure she isn't here yet I take a seat with the next best option Becky, Alyssa, AD, Casey, and Christen.

When I sit down there is a chorus of "hey t" and "good mornings" from the women at the table. "Good morning guys" I reply while smiling before starting to eat my breakfast and drink my coffee, occasionally popping into the discussions at the table.

Andi shows up a few minutes after me and grabs food before placing it at the seat next to me. "Good morning squish" she smiles at me before hugging me from behind" "Morning squish I smile up at her". She then sits in the chair next to me and begins eating and joining into our morning conversations.