Sharpshooters and sea shanties

Shit.

That was the only thought in Eliana Valentinas head as she dove behind a crate with Jesper and Wylan.

"What the hells happening?" Yelled Wylan over the sound of the fighting that was surrounding them. 

"Shut up and stay behind us merchling," said Jesper while pulling out his guns. 

Eliana unsheathed her daggers. Looking out from behind the crate she saw a few Dregs meant to make the journey with them fighting Black Tips, while a few others laid on the docks. Dead or wounded, she didn't know. She guessed she'd find out soon enough. Just then, a Black Tip came around the corner. Eliana side stepped his first blow easily. She slammed her foot into the back of his leg, causing him to fall to his knees. She grabbed his head and slammed it into the side of the crate. 

"Was that really necessary?" asked Wylan. 

"Yes," she said while unstrapping the dead Black Tips gun and handing it to Wylan. 

"Can you shoot kid?" asked Jesper. 

"Not a kid."

"Not what I asked."

"Yes I can shoot."

"Great now lets haul ass," said Eliana. They made their way towards the real Ferolind. Crouching behind crates every few moments and dodging stray bullets. She saw Nina and Matthias fighting side by side, and Kaz fighting two guys near the real ship. There was no sign of Inej. She supposed it was good thing. Two Black Tips came up from behind. Jesper shot one down, but the other one was smarter and dodged behind a crate.

 "I'll get this one. You guys go ahead." 

"We're not leaving you El," said Jesper. 

"Get Wylan on the ship. I can hold my own Jesper." Wylan and Jesper turned away and made their way towards the ship. The guy behind the crate jumped out and launched himself onto her. He held a knife to her throat as he pinned her down. 

"You're such a pretty thing. Too bad I didn't have more time with you."

While the man spoke, Eliana moved her hands. Tried to feel for any water. The guy was still talking as the Ketterdam harbor water went down his throat, drowning him.

Thank the saints that worked.

Eliana dodged more bullets and fought her way towards the ship. She finally climbed aboard the Ferolind. 

"Is everyon-" the words died on her lips as she saw a bloody Inej in Kaz's arms. "Here I'll take her to Nina," she said as she lifted the Suli girl out his arms. She made the mistake of looking at Inej's knife wound. It was deep and jagged. She had lost a lot of blood. The wraith might be able to defy gravity, but could she defy death? She opened the room to where Nina was. 

"Saints what happened?" Nina asked looking rather pale. 

"Knife wound." 

"Set her on the table."

Eliana gently set her on the table. "I can clean the wound," she offered to the worried heartrender. 

"Okay. Just make sure the water doesn't go too deep." 

Eliana boiled the water in the metal bucket, and then quickly cooled it to room temperature. She summoned the water. Gracefully moving her hands and giving the water rhythm. It brushed against the wound. Cleaning the blood and dirt from Inej's skin. After it was clean, Nina began her work. 

"Leave. Your making me nervous," said the heartrender.  

She started to argue against the order, but seeing the worried look on Nina's face, she got up left. She walked out onto the Ferolinds deck. She could hear wooden planks creaking softly as she walked to the side of the ship. Tipping her head back slightly, she breathed in the salty air of the ocean. Her favorite part of being tidemaker was her connection to water. She remembered what Mila said when teaching her how to use the small science. "The water does not judge. It soothes and understands. It's like a comforting hand on your shoulder or light at the end of a tunnel. It will protect you when those closest to you cannot. Do not fear the water Eliana. For you are one with it."