Chapter 2: The New Arrival

italic font=your thoughts

-

-

-Y/n P.O.V.-

I got brought back to reality with the loud noise of doors opening and a bright light flashing in my face, illuminating the Box.

More questions like ''What's the bright light?'' or, still, ''Who am I?'' still in my head as I looked up at the source of light. My hand creating shade over my eyes, I saw the bright, sunny sky.

Again, I asked myself: ''Where am I?". It seems like the reoccurring question in this situation.

I decided to stay completely still, nothing was happening for the first time since... well, I can remember.

I was scared that if I moved, even just an inch, that something bad would happen. It was the first time in forever where I heard nothing and had only the sound of the wind blowing to focus on. It was quite calming.

After a while I started falling asleep again, even though I just woke up a second ago. I stopped myself though.

I know I only have about an hour of memory but I'm sure that I've never been more scared in my life.

I realized that I should probably find a way out of the small cage I've been trapped in for what felt like an eternity.

I slowly got up from the spot I was in. It was hard to keep my balance thought. I've been sitting in a tight space for so long that my legs were in pain when I finally got up on both my feet.

I walked over to one of the creates and examined it. It wasn't to large but not miniscule either, it was medium sized, going as tall as my knees. I got on top of it, just hoping that it wouldn't crumble under my weight. Which, now that I think of it is not very much. I look very skinny, malnourished, and I didn't have much muscle at all. I looked at myself and I looked like a 147-pound of pale skin and fragile bones.

Pushing open the gates that were on top of the cage open, I got down from the box I was on and picked up a box. I got back on top of the box from before and threw the box gently on whatever surface was to the side of the weird box I came up in. After repeating the same process, a couple more times I finally got to the last box, the one beneath me. I should have thought of a better plan. I decided that the box was short enough for me to get out without needing the box underneath my feet that acted as my step stool.

I picked up the last box and threw it up with the others.

I mentally and physically prepared myself for hauling myself out of the prison-like cage. I thought, ''Nothing can be worse than this cage, right?'' boy, was I wrong.

I jumped in attempt to get out, but I fell right onto my face. I let out a loud groan, out of pain, and got up after a moment. Telling myself I had to get out sooner or later. I gripped the side of the box and pulled myself out.

Once I got out, I was so tired I just fell face first onto the floor and closed my eyes. I was so tired and overwhelmed; a lot had happened in such a short amount of time.

I realized that I was out, I got out of the prison I was in earlier. I did it, I don't know how but I did. I made it.

My brain clicked when I realized what I was laying on, grass. Green, luscious, grass. I pulled myself up to an almost push-up position and got on my knees.

My eyes widened in a mix of fear, sadness, and anger when I looked around to see 4 very tall, stone walls surrounding me.

''Great,'' I thought, ''I just got out of a small prison to find myself in a larger, somehow scarier prison'' I said to no one, since I was completely alone. I was surrounded buy 50-foot walls, towering over me. Large patches of ivy were hanging of the walls and made the place look like it's been there for a while. I noticed there where no birds, insects, anything it was just my all alone, with nothing.