TWO- Broken Up, Indeed

Later at Bart's lab, Molly was finishing her test on Sherlock's urine sample. He was standing nearby, leaning back against the central bench, looking about sulkily. On the other side of the lab, the man was sitting on a side bench while Mary wrapped a badge around his arm, Isaac sitting nearby. John had called Anita about 15 times; every single one was going to voicemail. At this point, he must have texted her over thirty times. Oh, he was definitely going to kill her. He shoved his phone into his pocket before walking over to everyone else.

"Well? Is he clean?" John questioned as Molly took off her gloves.

"Clean?" Molly asked as she threw down her gloves. She turned and walked over to Sherlock and slapped him hard on the face with her right hand, she slapped him again and then with her left hand. Mary, Isaac, and the man looked over at her in shock as Sherlock blinked and grimaced.

"How dare you throw away the beautiful gifts you were born with? And how dare you betray the love of your friends? Say you're sorry," Molly said, angrily, to him.

"Sorry your engagement's over- thought I'm fairly grateful for the lack of a ring," Sherlock replied as he held his face.

"Stop it. Just stop it," Molly ordered, angrily. John walked over to Sherlock and gave him a stern look.

"Where's Anita? Does she know, Sherlock?" he asked, clearly upset. Sherlock looked away from John before sighing and turning back to him, a hint of what John thought was sadness in his eyes.

"Anita and I broke up," Sherlock told him.

"What?!" John, Mary, and Molly all exclaimed.

"When?" John pushed. This wasn't real; there was no way this was real.

"A few days after the wedding...got in a big fight... we decided it would be best if we ended things," Sherlock explained, sadly. John had so many questions, but there was one pressing question.

"Is that the real reason why you are taking this stuff?" John asked.

"No, I told you this is all for a case," replied Sherlock.

"A ca...What kind of case would need you doing this?" John questioned.

Before Sherlock could respond, the door to the lab was pushed open. In walked Anita O'Malley. She was looking down at her phone, scrolling quite a lot. Most likely through all of John's texts and calls. Anita looked up and promptly stopped in her tracks, staring at the people in the room who were staring at her. Anita gulped looking over at Sherlock before narrowing her eyes slightly.

"Actually, Molly, I'll come back later. You're clearly busy. Er, bye," Anita said, before trying to make a dash for the door. 

"Oh, no you don't. Anita O'Malley, get back here!" John shouted after her and she stopped, turning and giving John a sheepish smile.

John grabbed her arm and dragged her until she was standing within the group. He turned Anita so she was facing him and gave her a stern look. As he looked into her eyes, he noticed that they were a little puffy and red. She had clearly been crying, probably cried herself to sleep the night before.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You and Sherlock broke up? Where are you even staying?" John questioned rapidly. Anita's face scrunched up at him, shaking his hands off her.

"What the hell is wrong with me? He's the one who wanted a break, kicking me out of our flat," Anita argued, pointing over at Sherlock, who rolled his eyes at her.

"It was a mutual agreement!"

"No, you wanted it to be a mutual agreement, you di-"

"Okay, you two, knock it off!" John cut in. He glanced between the two as they glared at each other. Sure the couple had their fights, but never like this. The two of them continued their glaring contest until Sherlock's phone sounded off a text.