10🎲

⚠️cursing⚠️

                    Shuichi's POV
                                  -

The neighborhood was quiet- surprising, considering we all lived in the same area, just in different apartment buildings together. Akane and Nekomaru peacefully sat on their front stairs and chatted happily. They had gotten married just recently- about a month ago. They were as happy as they could be, and it was always heartwarming to see the two together.

I had told Kaede, Makoto and Hajime that I was going on a walk. I didn't lie, I was in fact going on a walk.

The thought of what happened that one night at Byakuya's kept haunting my brain. I really said that to Kokichi... he may be someone I'm... still sadly in love with,  and I'm not normally the type of person to say things like that. That was awful- but I suppose the lust I felt for Hinata was messing with my actions.

-

I walked to the grocery store, maybe I could pick out some flowers or a case of panta as an apology for Ouma.

I walked in, looking around the place to see if I could find anything I could apologize to him with. I couldn't just go empty handed, though, he might not listen to me anyways.

As I turned the corner to the soda isle, I stopped in my tracks.

"Komaeda, I can't reach the Panta on the top shelf- could you help me reach it?" Kokichi turned to the much taller male who was gazing at the isle across from them.

I looked Nagito up and down. I scanned his figure. Normally you would imagine him as scrawny, but honestly he wasn't that bony. He was just.... big.
He towered over me by a few inches, and god knows how strong he is. I felt a sort of envy all of the sudden. Of course. The perfect fucking couple. The short and scrawny one, and the tall strong one. I shoved my hands in my pockets and suddenly a burst of confidence went through me. I moved my feet to approach the two, when suddenly Nagito smiled and turned to Ouma.

I stopped walking and stared at the two. Nagito slowly and tenderly wrapped his fingers around Kokichi's torso, gently but firmly grasping him and lifting him up with ease. Kokichi smiled gleefully and reached the soda on the top shelf.

My envy only grew. As Nagito set Kokichi back down, I stormed up to the two. I figured I shouldn't lay my hands on Nagito, because I would result in a lot of pain. So instead, I shoved Kokichi backwards. I was just angry, and jealous. Why do those two have to be so great together? It's unfair. It's unfair in a number of ways-

Almost as soon as I shoved Kokichi back, I was lifted by my throat in the air. I snapped back to my regular senses and a wave of fear immediately washed over me. I was face-to-face with Nagito Komaeda. A terrifying look crossed his face. A crazed and angry grin. A swirl of crazed despair in his eyes.

"Saihara... again? You've already threatened him and called him names- accused him of doing things he hadn't done before. And now.. you lay your hands on him. What has he done, Shuichi? What has he done?" Nagito said in a terrifyingly calm voice. Kokichi stood there, scared of what Nagito would do to me.

I started shaking and felt his hand tighten around my neck.

"I won't hesitate to kill you, Detective."

'I won't hesitate to kill you,' sounded scarily serious.

"P-Please put me down, I'm sorry-" I winced as his hand tightened even further, the swirl of craze in his eyes increased. I felt air being blocked and it was getting harder to breathe.

"N-Nagito!-"

"Komaeda. Put him down." A familiar raspy and almost whisper of a voice said from behind him. The cock of a gun could be heard as Nagito turned his head and pointed the firearm at Izuru.

"I won't hesitate to kill you either, Kamukura." Nagito grinned even more and Kokichi once again stood, silent and scared of the situation.

"The last time you aimed a gun at me I'm not the one who got shot. I won't hesitate to do that move again, and this time I doubt you have a student handbook in your front pocket. It's either put the gun and Shuichi down, or something bad happens. What will it be, Komaeda."

Nagito paused before dropping me. I fell to the ground with a thud, I fell on my side. Nagito lowered his firearm and Kokichi immediately scurried behind him, clinging to his jacket.

"Let's leave, considering we can't even go to the grocery store in peace without a dumbass protagonist showing up. You're just a ripoff of Kirigiri-San, Shuichi. You aren't fucking important. No wonder Hinata-kun likes you, Shuichi. He's just a Reserve course student. He's nothing. And so are you."

With a few steps the two scurried out of the grocery store. Kokichi didn't look back at me. He didn't feel bad. He didn't miss me. He didn't care. He wasn't fearing for my life.

Before I could pull myself up, a hand snatched the collar of my turtle neck and yanked me up. "I'm not your god damn dad. Now you're coming with me, Saihara, considering you can't learn how to leave Kokichi alone." I was dragged from the market by Izuru.