Chapter 7

Parker's POV

Night fell and I finally began to feel better. The world stopped swimming, I could concentrate on the voices around me, and my stomach no longer felt like it was trying to escape my body.

I currently lay back by the fire next to Fatin, with Leah nearby. We were all attempting to sleep. However, this proves to be difficult with Dot shining the flashlight in our faces every five minutes.

"What" I hear Fatin ask from beside me as the light crossed our faces once more.

"Routine consciousness check" Dot states.

I open my eyes at this, squinting into the light.

"Hey, look who's back from the dead. Thought we lost you there for a moment, Parker." Dot greets.

I smile and wave. I may feel a bit more comfortable talking around all of them now, but today has me absolutely wiped out.

Dot sits down next to us, so I sit up with them.

"Get the fuck away from me, fuck face" Fatin says flatly.

Dot laughs, "Hey uh, you remember when you said you were never going to shit outdoors? How's that resolution holding up for ya?"

"Sooo fucking broken" Fatin admits, earning a chuckle from Dot and I. "Along with my colon, and my dignity."

"Marty?" Toni calls out from the other side of the campfire. I look behind me and there she was, stumbling around in the dark. "Marty? Fuck."

Martha collapsed to the ground. We all run over.

"Turn her over on her side" Nora advises.

"What's happening?" Toni panics.

"I don't know. Pepto might not have been the right thing." says Dot.

"Okay so what do we do now, Dottie?"

"I said, I don't know!"

"Okay, figure something out."

"If she had the other Halophen, then she could keep water down."

Dot rummages through the bag once again.

My sister stands up. "There....there might be some more meds out there, maybe even the ones that she needs. In-in the forest I might've dropped some. I-I was out there and basically delirious, and I guess I dropped the bag, and everything just...spilled." Leah says nervously.

I glance at her with worry, how had she messed that up?

"What!? You knew there might have been more meds out there and you were going to risk us dying? You were going to risk your sister dying? Leah! Why did you guy split the fucking pill between Parker and me? I don't fucking matter. Martha and Parker do, I don't! You should've given the other half to her!" Toni explodes.

I quickly put a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her, she just leans into my shoulder and sobs. I hug her, glancing at my sister with a pained expression. Toni does matter. My hearts breaks to see her like this. 

Dot stands up, and incredulous look on her face. she shoves my sister back in anger. I try not to get mad at this. "Why didn't you tell any of us before?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so..."

"Wherever you dropped it...you need to take me there, now Leah." Dot insists.

Leah nods and they head off into the forest. 

--------

Parker's POV

Martha got the meds she needed. Three days later, we were still stuck in the same hell hole. I had finally gotten the courage to talk to other people beside just Leah and Toni. Fatin and Dot getting more conversation out of me than Shelby, Nora, and Rachel. 

This morning, I wake to screaming and salt water washing over my body. Immediately, I sit up and whip my head around. The sun isn't even up yet. Dot is calling Martha's name who is almost getting washed out to sea, Fatin is desperately trying to save her belongings from the vicious tide, and Toni is standing right above me. 

"Parker, get up, we've got to get out of here!"

I nod my head and shake the sleep off of me, scanning the beach for my sister. 

Once Toni knew I was up, she ran over to Martha and helped her up. 

I spot Leah in the crashing waves trying to help Fatin. I run into the water with them, ignoring Dot and Toni's calls for me not to. 

"Fuck!" Fatin yells, "Fucking ocean took all my shit!" 

"Let it go! Come on! Come on!" Leah urges. 

I grab an end of Fatin's suitcase. "Fatin, it's not safe." 

"Yes! Which is exactly why you should not be in the water right now," Leah lectures, looking over at me, "both of you." 

"All of us." I finish, pulling the suitcase away from Fatin. 

--------

The storm finally cleared up and the sun finally rose. 

We are sitting on the beach again, exhausted. 

I sit next to Leah, staring out into the ocean which is now calm. It's funny how fast it can change like that. 

I look over to Leah and follow her gaze to Shelby. 

"Leah" I begin, "stay with me...please."

"I'm not going anywhere." She answers, her gaze unmoving. 

Fatin walks up to us and sits, dragging the remains of her suitcase. 

"She looks tired" Leah says. 

Shelby is laying clothes out to dry on the face of a rock. 

"She should be. She's been working her ass off for the last three days trying to make up for her Westboro Baptist moment, as if that'll get her unconcealed." Fatin states. 

"I'm not complaining." I sigh and lay back on the sand, my hands behind my head. Someone's got to do the work around here. 

"Leah...you're obsession with Shelby is out of control. I mean, I know you have your theories. Maybe she knows something, maybe she's behind this or whatever but...you gotta ease up."

I sit back up, sensing the tension. 

"No, yeah I know. I've been so stupid," Leah admits, "I was actually just thinking, like... if Shelby was behind this... that would mean she volunteered for this nightmare." 

"Who the fuck would do that?"

"Exactly."

"I'm never going on a plane again once we get out of here" I added. 

I rest my head on Leah's shoulder, glad she's not going completely mental. 

--------

A/N -I'm back bitchesss. Sorry I've been AWOL a lot has happened in my personal life. People dying, people in the hospital, failing school, all that fun stuff. But I am here and working on finishing writing this season. Season 2 is (hopefully) right around the corner so it is all in good time. Love all of you guys, thanks so much for the support!