Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Alex POV

Luke is currently driving me to pet store, where we plan on finding a cat. He is determined to find an orange one, but I always thought grey cats to be cuter, to let's see who wins. He's brainstorming names, and most of them are ridiculous.

"Uh, Waffle Cake?" He suggests.

"God no."

"Yoller."

"Are you on acid? Because I'm seriously starting to believe you are," Luke cracks up and the car swerves. "Luke, focus on the road, dammit! You'll get us killed!"

"I'm sorry, that was funny," He laughs out as we pull into the parking lot of the pet store. We climb out, and Luke throws his arm around me shoulder. "Alright, we need kitty litter, food, a tub so it can shit. And another to eat. Oh, should we buy it a scratch post?"

"Sure. Should we get it fixed?"

"Nah, I think we're good. We just need to make sure it doesn't leave our apartment." Luke opens the door and we walk in. A smiling lady comes up to us.

"Hi, I'm Shannon. Can I help you find anything today?"

"Uh, yeah. Where are the kittens?" I ask her. She gestures for us to follow her, and she guides us to the back where they have multiple kittens.

Oh my god.

I'm dying.

IT'S LIKE CUTENESS OVERLOAD.

"Alex, you okay?" Luke asks me.

"They're so cute, can we buy them all?"

"Don't I wish."

"Alright, we have them separated by gender. The girl cats are on the top, the boys are on bottom. Obviously, the younger ones are the smaller ones. They're in this case." Shannon points to a case full of cats. "I'll leave you to it." She leaves and I start looking at them.

"Do we want a girl or boy?" Luke asks me.

"Aren't girl cats in the heat like all the time?" I ask.

"Yeah, but boys shed a lot."

"That's okay. We can just clean it up."

"What's wrong with having a cat constantly in the heat?"

"She'll want to be pregnant and leave all the time."

"Oh. Okay let's a boy." We kneel down to look at the boy cats. "I want an orange one."

"I want a grey one." I tell him.

"Well now we're in a dilemma." Luke mentions. I point at a grey kitten playing with his tail in the back.

"Look at him! Isn't he adorable? He's so cute, Luke please." I beg him. Luke sighs.

"Fine, but I'm picking the name. And there's not really any orange cats in here anyway."

"Yay!" I kiss Luke on the cheek. "Thank you so much, Luke! I love you. See, this is why we're best friends."

"And why you agreed to the deal."

"That's not the only reason why."

"Alright then. Why did you agree to the deal?"

"Because you're cute and smart and I know you'll take good care of me. Can we please stop talking about this? We're buying a kitten!" Luke agrees, then calls over Shannon again. Shannon puts the cat in a box, with holes, and we start looking for the things we'll need. As we're picking out the food, Luke's phone rings.