Chapter 7: Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher, Take 3

Morana and I (Aura) went outside to the castle grounds. We decided to take a walk, and just talk. I figured that Morana needed to talk. She seemed kinda mopey and sad and depressd, and she's my friend. I want her to be okay. I mean, she's not my nicest friend, but she's definitely my friend. And I kinda hope I'm hers.

"Morana," I began, "look. I think we need to talk."

"O-okay," she nodded, sitting down on the ground. I sat down next to her. "About what?"

"About you. Look, you've seemed...kinda depressed lately. And I know that my brother broke your heart, but you seem genuinely depressed. Like...I don't know if you have the mental illness or what, but you don't seem you. Not at all. You haven't called Xenia a Mudblood for how long?"

"Uh, it's been days."

"That's a new record."

Morana smiled shyly as she looked at her feet. "Yeah."

"But look." I sighed. "You shouldn't be this depressed over a guy. Or a gal if that's who you're into. You shouldn't not be yourself because he broke your heart."

"I know, I know. And I shouldn't try to take my own life -"

"You tried that?" I interrupted. My eyes started tearing up.

"Well...I thought about it. But I know I shouldn't kill myself. And I don't want to. I don't want to die. But it crossed my mind a few times. And I...I don't know. I-I can't explain, but he just - he broke my heart, an-and I just...I don't know."

"Morana? Why does this matter?"

"I-it doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does," I said sternly. "Why. Does. It. Matter?"

"It doesn't!"

"You freaking liar, Morana!" I yelled. "Why does it matter?!"

"I don't know!" Morana yelled back.

"WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER?!"

"BECAUSE I TRUSTED HIM!" she finally answered. She started crying. Then she spoke softer and quieter. "I have trust issues, okay? And if I trust you, like really trust you...you're special to me. And he...he broke that trust. When people break my trust - well, this is actually the first time it's ever happened. So...apparently I get depressed..."

I sighed. "Oh. Morana..."

"No. It's fine. Don't pity me. Please. And...just...can you...can you maybe...if this doesn't feel awkward to you...I was wondering if I could hug you. And you could hug me back. I could really use one."

I smiled at her. "Yeah. Of course." I hugged Morana and she hugged me back. She put her head into my shoulder. I could feel tears going on my shoulder. But I didn't care.

And that's the story of the first time I hugged my friend Morana Drax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS TEACHER, TAKE 3

Afterwards, we went up to the Hospital Wing to see if Draco was okay. I mean...yeah, I disliked him. A lot. But that doesn't mean I want him to get hurt. You know? And Morana, no matter how angry or upset she was towards Draco, she still wanted to make sure he was okay.

"He's probably dying," Morana said, putting her head back for a second as we were walking. "Ugh. Did you see how much blood he lost? That could mean death. Yeah." She crossed her arms and nodded. "Or maybe he broke his arm, or needs go get it cut off. Damn, this could be bad."