9 - Good Girl

WILLOW'S POV

After leaving the boys to continue their usual lives I walk back home. I found it easy to leave them, knowing it could be the last time I would talk to them properly, I hadn't grown close to them. But I felt like something within me longed to see the boys again, longed for a friendship and companion. I wasn't sure how Oliver's family to react to my disappearing act but at least this time it was of my own free will. Kind of.

"So you agree?" I hear James ask as I was walking down the path not far from my house.

"Do I have a choice?" I ask sarcastically. We both knew I didn't, he has everything he needs to make me do whatever he wants.

"Not if you want to see your mother again." James smirks. I just nod and stay silent. "Come on Will, we had some good times."

"No we didn't." I point out. "Any 'good times' were built off a fake act. Our whole relationship was a scam."

"Oh Willow. It seems you have forgotten who's in charge here. Remind me, what are you supposed to do?" James asks with a smirk. I want to make a snappy comment, to tell him to shut up and hurt him in ways that nobody would ever be able to imagine or replicate. I knew I couldn't, he has my mother somehow, somewhere.

"Agree with everything you say." I sigh.

"Good girl." James motions for me to follow him and I do so silently. He leads me to his car and as if he was a gentleman opens the passenger door for me. I slide into the seat and James smiles in triumph as if he completed something amazing.

The car ride is silent, James steals glances at me but I keep my eyes trained out of the window. I hated him with every fiber of my being. I knew I would have to be careful for now on, hopefully I could take on a few more hours and the book shop since I would have to lay off fighting for a while. This was becoming increasingly stressful and I wasn't sure what I could do to help my mother anymore. I knew I had to follow James' demands but I wasn't sure how I could keep my mouth shut all this time. I wasn't sure what I could do, I certainly knew what I wanted to do. But I couldn't. This sucked, life truly sucked.

The car stopped and together James and I walked into a warehouse. With a clap of James' hands by arms were grasped and tired behind my back, I knew the rope burns would be left tomorrow as I tried to fight my way out. James smiled at my futile attempts to get away from his men. With a shake of his head James tutted and shock his head.

"Don't fight it Will." James ordered as I was pushed onto a chair where I was tied down, I kept trying to escape until my unconscious was dragged out. Her breathing was shallow and her body was bloody and bruised. The sight brought tears to my eyes. I did this. It was my fault. "Now Willow, you have to promise to be a good girl. Don't go back to your little toy boys, I'm all you need from now on. Do you understand?"

"Yes." I answer quickly, I didn't want to give him the chance to do anymore damage to my mother. It's not like he needed a reason.

"Good girl." James nodded. "Take her away." James commanded and my mother was dragged out the warehouse.

"Where are you taking her?" I demand.

"I'm the one who makes demands around here Will." James shakes his head in disappointment. "Do you need to be taught a lesson?" I just shake my head. "I'll let you off just this once, but this is your last warning."

"Yes sir." I sigh.

"Good girl." is his response. I hated this, I hated him. I didn't want to be a 'good girl'. I did not want to be this close to him. I hated being tied to a chair. I hated all of this, but I had no-one to blame but myself.