8. Turtle 2.0

*that's a image of Liarah's bot and then YouTube link for those who have no idea about robo war. I hope you enjoy and also you can check battle bots on YouTube if you are interested in robo wars*

Nathan's pov

It's almost time, I check everyone's progress. Since given time is very limited, most of them have chosen readymade parts to build. I can tell those won't survive much longer. I can see most of them using rammer, flippers, lifters and also some stabber as weapons. Most of them are square shaped, 4 wheeled and some are flat and 2 wheeled.

My focus shifts on single girl in this competition, her robot is pizza box shaped, looks like invertible since she has Melty-Brain Spinner as weapon. It's a cylindrical spinner installed infront of the bot which acts as extra wheel as well but its main purpose is to throw opponent bot and damage it badly. Spinner has 2 identical hook like structure on each side, it helps the bot to lift opponents bot then the spinner throws it. Her bot is 2 wheeled and those wheels aren't outside the body of bot like everyone else's, it's inside bots protecting meterial. Her bot is smallest of all but looks pretty strong. Let's see if it is any good.

I look upto her face, my breath hitches again. Her eyebrows are pulled together purely concentrating on the controller in her hand, connecting some wires and fiddling with antenna. I gulp and shift my gaze towards clock. 10 more minutes to finish this task. I remind them about time and see 2 of them have already given up. So it's gonna be 8 bots.

It's 7 o'clock and I ask them stop and present their bots. Each one has given different name and fancy weapons most of them are lifters and flippers, I can some rammer with thorn like structure.

Each one present their bots, state their name, weight and weapon. It's her turn now, she has let her hair cover her face now. Andrew's beats me and is infront of her asking to present with a husky voice. She just stares at him, I shake my head and move him bit out of the way so I can continue with this competition. I ask her with an annoyed expression "please state your bot's name, weight and weapon" She hands me a card, I lift my eyebrow at her and accept it. Andrew is restless, he snatches it from my hand and reads
" Turtle 2.0"
That must me her bot's name.
"6.8kg"
It's pretty lightweight but standard one for that matter.
"Vertical Spinner"
Her bot's weapon.

Her bot is pretty simple nothing fancy, no dramatic crushers or rammer but she built it from scratch so I'll respect her for that.

I move away from her and address competitors "you all have done amazing job at such a short time, no matter who makes it to the team, you all are winners" everyone applauds. I motion towards fighting arena and say "you will fight against each other in that arena, whoever wins will be announced as member of robo war team 'MONOCLONE' and gonna be representing our college at national university annual fest"
"Without wasting time let's begin the battle ooffff BOTSSS" and crowd let's out a loud cheer.

Huge crowd has gathered around arena. Most of the teaching staff and head of the various departments are also present. It's because our team always hypes any event we conduct no matter how small or big it is.

I scan the crowd to see Mr. Holder coming towards my direction, I smile and walk upto him. He is our team staff in-charge and very cool. He pats my shoulder after reaching and says "you are doing well my boy, I can see you leading this team into victory" I grin like stupid, what can I say I just live for compliments.
"So anyone caught your eyes in this lot" he asks motioning towards competitors. My eyes quickly search for a particular girl and lands on her, Mr. Holder follows my eyes and looks at her studying her bot.
"Hmmm I see... very simple yet impressive design" pauses "looks like invertible" turns towards me "what's special about that boy Nathan?"
I choke on air, coughing I control my breathing. Mr. Holder looks concerned, I wave him off saying I'm fine and inform him
"That's a girl sir"
He looks shocked but quickly composes himself and clears his throat "that's unexpected" "let's begin the battle" says walking off to the side of arena where judges seats are situated.