Say Goodbye, Kokicki Ouma

It was getting dark, the sound of death drawing near, coming closer every second that passed by. It was a loud sound, not quite as one would think.

It was a buzzing, loud continuous beep. It was annoying, and would bring a headache to anyone who listened to it for to long. Miu would have bitched and whined about it non stop.

He knew he would die soon. But, his life wasn't flashing before his eyes. He wasn't getting any last minutes regrets that would haunt him until his light flickered out.

Well. That was a lie. He did have regrets. A few, actually. But, it was to late to dwell on that now.

It was getting darker now, he stared at the large slab of mental as it slowly came closer. He couldn't turn his head to one side to look away from his approaching death, or even move his limps at all. Poison did that to a person.

His chest hurt, his limps ached. It hurt, but he'd never say it out loud. Not at all. His breath was getting caught in his throat, time was now seeming to slow down.

Is this how everyone else felt, before they died? Was this what it felt like to die? Time slowing down, all the regrets you've ever had suddenly become so clear.

It was scary. He had planned this, why does he feel like this now? He was going to end this monstrous killing game with his death. After he died, the rest was up to Kaito. The guy was an absolute idiot, but he would have to do. He just hoped he didn't mess up.

It was getting louder now. It was ringing in his ear, drilling it way into his skull, his mind. It hurt, it was scary. It was closing in on him now.

Ah, one thing he regrets. Being claustrophobic, it made this far harder then it needed to be.

It would be over in an instant. No pain, nothing. But darkness. Then it would be all over. A quick death. Maki would be proud, maybe. Probably not.

Would anyone care? They all hated him, right. So it shouldn't be a problem. Wait, why was he thinking of that now? He didn't get it.

Man, this was taking forever. It was ment to be quick, but it was taking so long. Why was that? Why couldn't it just hurry up? Get this over with so the game can end, so everyone else can be free.

Damn, he sounded like Gonta. Putting other before himself in his final moments. How pathetic he is right now.

Everything was so, so dark and loud. Couldnt it just shut up and be done with it?

He wanted the game to end, even if he had to die doing so. An unsolvable crime. Ha, wonder if Shuichi would be able to figure it out though.

Shuichi..

"Your alone Kokichi, you always will be"

Guess Shuichi wasn't wrong about that. What would the detective think about this, about him throwing his life away like this?

He imagined he would try to talk him out if it, but he isn't so sure anymore. Maybe he wouldn't even care. Keebo might though, even if he is a robot.

Why, why was he thinking of everyone at a time like this? It wasn't like they cared for him. It was better that way. Growing attach to people in a game like this it stupid.

Gonta..

No. No. It's a stupid thing to be thinking about at the momment.

Miu..

No. Stop it. They aren't his friends. It doesn't matter.

Shuichi..

Oh God.

He didn't want to die.

He, he wanted to say goodbye, even though they hate him, he doesn't hate them.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. DAMMIT.

He doesn't want to die. He doesn't want to die. He doesn't want to die. He doesn't want to die. He doesn't want to die.

It was getting so loud

Stop it. Turn it off.

So, so, loud

"I want to say goodbye-"

And with that, time returned back to normal. The light that was once Kokichi Ouma, was snuffed out.

Authors notes ;

Hello everyone! Just thought I write something sad today.

And, this is what I ended up doing. I did my best to try and capture the emotions and feelings going though Kokichi's head in the momments before his death.

I don't know how well I did, but I think it did decent at least.

Why did I do Kokichi from Danganronpa V3?

Well, simple, because I'm a major simp for him. I love his character, and I feel like his actions were so over looked by Shuichi and the others. He just wanted to end the killing game, yet he remained hated until the end.

I haven't played Dangangronpa myself, so if I'm wrong about that, I apologise. But I still believe Kokichi deserves more love and more attention.

He was being really smart, even if everyone ended up hating him.

Also, again, I'm just a big simp.

So, enough of my rambling, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot of mine.

Word count ; 692