two; Damon

relationship: dating
season: n/a
title; history

"Come on, tell me about it!" You cried as the two of you sat in the car, on a road trip to where you didn't know; but that never stopped you from saying yes. It was always fun, he always knew what you needed when you needed it, even when you didn't want him to know.

"Why do you care so much? This is such a strange topic y/n, honestly, even for you"

"How is this strange? You're dating a history major, with every history book she's ever seen bought and placed on her shelf" you told him, turning in his seat to look at him.

Taking his eyes off the road, you watched his eyebrow crinkle as he looked at you. You hated when he did this, because while he's reminded you that nothing as human as a car accident could hurt him, and he could always save you, as you were human, it still freaked you out every once and a while.

The song 'Between the bars' by Elliott Smith came on, causing you to grin ear to ear as you turned up the radio. This was your dads favourite song, and every time he went back to the line of duty, you played it over and over; it got you through the sadness of watching him go back to battle. This leave in particular had really upset you, as he is going to be gone for well over a year, marking this the longest he'd be away without any sort of leave. You'd practically moved into the Salvatore house by now.

"Really? A song from the 90s? Have you forgotten how to be modern?Its 2013" Damon played, rolling his eyes as his gripped your had tighter. Believe it or not, he has big on that kind of stuff, your hand was always held, you woke up every morning the same way you fell asleep; in his arms where he could protect you. While he was a big bad vampire, you were a weak human; and Damon never forgot that.

"Honestly Damon, you really do not scream modern to me, even your clothes"

"My clothes?What the hell is wrong with them"

"Well, they just say I'm slightly a 40 year old single divorced man"

"That is no way to talk to your elder"

"Well maybe I'd remember that If you told me more about you, your history" You said, giving him the slightly pouty look that always gave you what you wanted.

"Ugh, fine. But you know y/n, but you should really stop living so far in the past, its not good for your psyche"He smirked, making you roll your eyes.

"Do you know what a psyche is?"

"Please, you take one into to psych and you think you know it all"He said, pulling the car to a stop as he waited for the traffic to stop.

"Where do you want to start?"

"The First World War"

"Well for starters, total bloodbath.."

_____

Hello loves! Second one shot done(:

Any requests?(leave here)

Any particular character wanted?(leave here)

xx