Interference

All with make sense in good time?

Time.

The ticking of a clock, what makes you age, then die.

Death, something I am all too familiar with.

The darkness that clouds the head, fogging over your memory until all you can do

is --

I lurched up and breathed heavily, eyes adjusted to the light. Then the memories of my last encounter with the voice reappeared.

I had been ghostlike, but not dead. And we had been talking about the Darkhold, I had wanted to read it, but when I had walked in she was there, floating.

"What is going on," I said out loud. Slightly panicking I ran to look outside, but nothing was there, no false reality that I had subconsciously created, just trees and the lake and behind the cabin she created, Wundergore Mountain. On the other side of the mountain, she knew was the remnants of Sokovia.

Sokovia.

You didn't see that coming, did you?

I smile, wistfully. The pain of losing my brother has always felt fresh but now I can accept it. It's a little odd, usually, any thoughts that go down that kind of path lead to dark places filled with grief and pain. Today must be turning into a good day after all. 

I walked out to the front door of my cabin, the air was brisk but it didn't bother me. Simple things like temperature didn't bother me at all now. That probably came with the whole role as Scarlet Witch, whatever that really meant. 

Wincing preparing for echoes I started to think back to recent events and began saying words that usually triggered my echoes. I hate the way the echoes blew through my head like leaves in the wind. They only ever seemed to give me enough of a glimpse to start hurting again, that never brought any answers.

WestView.

Vision.

Agatha.

Billy.

Tommy.

I paused but only memories were coming back. But this was very very offputting indeed. Something was meddling with my mind, and that frightens me.

But then my world came crashing down again.

Are you done?