"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗙𝗲𝘄 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗴𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗔𝗶𝗿"

<tw: suicide >If you feel depressed, please reach out to friends and family. I know how it feels and I don't want anyone to feel the way I did <3

Wrote this years ago and decided to not let it rot away in my drafts

Inspired by song

(Based on musical)

...

So it finally came to pass.

I saw the end of the world.

My brown eyes filled with tears as J.D. pushed me away from him. Blood dripped from the corner of his mouth, running down his bruised chin. My eyes followed a drop of blood fall off his chin, the bright light of mid-day reflected off the dark red, making it appear shiny. The drop spread out and drizzled down the side of a black metal object, wires sticking out of it. I didn't need to be told it was a bomb. 

Another drop of his blood drizzled down over the flashing red numbers. 

Slowly ticking down to J.D.'s doom.

I saw the madness unfold.

Tears started running down my flushed cheeks, fast and leaving me without breath. I reached my bruised hand out to his shoulder, but he jerked himself away from her. His own sudden movement made him flinch, moving his right hand over his side. "J.D, I need to take you to the hospital, please!" I begged him, my voice desperate and meek from crying. His black coat had turned into a dark purple from all the blood around his waist. I shot him. I didn't mean to. But I did.

"No, Ronnie," was all he huffed. I couldn't let him do this to himself. I couldn't have his blood on my hands. Not him. "Yes, please-" "No!" He snapped at her, quickly turning around. "I deserve this!"

I choked on my tears at his rise in voice. "I'm trying to help you! I'm trying to fix this!" I insisted. But that only made him argue back. He wouldn't be still, despite the pain he must have been in.

Like some primal burial.

"Well so am I, Ronnie!" He sneered, and Veronica saw tears start to well up in his eyes. "I was hurting all the time! I just wanted it to be over! A-And then I thought you were dead, and I just wanted it all gone. I just wanted-"

He broke down. The rest of what he said turned into cries. I rushed to him and hugged him tightly. I told him I would take him to the hospital, I told him everything would be okay. But he pushed me away

I rushed back over to him without thought, cupping his face in my hands. My fingers were quick to wipe away the tears, but not quick enough to stop him from pushing me away from him again and again. Until I was on the ground.

And I looked back upon

Armageddon.

The bomb was glowing a bright red as the numbers ticked down. Panic rose in my chest and eyes, suddenly realizing that I can't stop him. No matter how hard I try, he will always beat me. I put my hand over my mouth, tears falling quicker than rain. That bomb is going to kill the only person who still believes in me.

And the moment of truth between

You and Me.

"Our love is god," J.D. told me. I shook my head, "you said you'd always be with me." I yelled to him, my voice cracking from the tears. "You said you'd always hold me, J.D. You promised that you would stop this. Don't fucking lie to me again." He looked sad but almost proud of himself. "This is how I'm going to stop it, Ronnie. If not the school, then it will be me."

If we had five more minutes of

air to breathe.

The bomb was at five minutes. Five minutes left for J.D. to live, or five minutes for me to stop him. He turned his back to me and walked further into the field. I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't see him suffer anymore. And I know I could never see him dead.

And We cried all through it

But You spend them with Me.

I ran over to him, grabbing him from behind. "Hold me," I cried. "Fucking hold me." He pulled away and looked down at me. I could almost see the teary reflection of me in his eyes. "Stop crying," he muttered. 

"You know I don't want to see you cry." 

"And I don't want to see you die."

On the last few drags

of air.

He took in a deep breath before he pulled me into his chest. We wrapped our arms around each other, clinging tightly to each other for the last time. He kissed the corner of my ear while I cried into his shoulder. Taking in deep a breath here and there.

We agreed.

We pulled away from each other for only a few seconds. He pushed hair behind my ear and wiped away my tears, much like I had done earlier.

I was.

I smiled and laughed. He tilted his head, furring his brows together. "What?" He asked curiously. "I'm just happy I get to spend The End of The World with you." I smiled, more tears falling down my face.

And you were.

It took him a second, but he smiled. His thumbs made circles around my face. He smiled through his tears like I was, just enjoining our last moments together. The bomb ticked louder in its last five seconds. The red light flashing against our touching skin. We smiled wider, then I pressed my face into his shoulder again, closing my eyes and waiting. Waiting for our godly end.

Happy.