Chapter 18

RAE'S POV

I clambered up the tree, not going very high (again, curse my height) and looking around. judging from the eerie silence, save for the chattering of birds and rustle of leaves.

a snapping twig alerts me of something. I turn to face the possible danger.

a white haired woman. young, about my age, but gigantic. about 6 feet tall. she spots me, and I climb higher, panicked.

"OLIVIA!! I think I found Rae!" she yells behind her. Rose, Sykkuno and Chase run into my sight, followed by Olivia.

"Wonderful. Rae, this is Hunter. we adopted her."

"huh?" I'm very confused.

Hunter's low and rich, but somewhat feminine voice rings out. "well, if the dwarf isn't getting out of the tree, I'll be going."

"says the giant!" I yell down "I'm coming!"

"good." was all she said

HUNTER'S POV

I imagined rae to be less, how do you say, volatile. the sort of person who shot arrows out of trees. it's not that I'm disappointed, it's that now I'm scared she's an axe murderer. (although Olivia told me the real axe murderer was Rose, but Rose interjected that she did archery, fencing and knife throwing. I commented that they were one clown short of a circus. Olivia coughed Rae's name.)

I wonder if I'll hang out with these people for much longer. most of my friends just move on after a few months, leaving me alone. these people seem... different. as in, not really moving fast. slow. chill. 

only time will tell.

ROSE'S POV

after hugging Rae a few times, we return to the caravan. finally, I get the chance to talk to chase

"what are we going to do?"

"about what?" his brow furrows.

"the fans." 

"what about them?"

"well, we're dating, aren't we?"

"do they need to know?"

"good point." I try to laugh

"hey, if it's about the guys..." he pulls me into a hug

"sort of, but I'm not worried about me. I'm worried about Sy, Rae, Tina and you."

"we are all fine, plus I feel like Sy is going to spend a lot more time with Oliver and Olivia with Tina."

we both laugh, then head out to the camper vans, where we make our steady path to the city.

A/N well well well, my little readers, I'm going to need some account names for my story further on. comment here to be chosen. 

I hope you are enjoying the story so far.

I'm going to be honest, I was going to have Rae and Oliver end up together, but that was just too heterosexual for this story. 

also we all know my version of Sykkuno is gay af...