Chapter 1: As Cold As Ice.

Alaska's POV
May/3rd/2021
U.S.A, California, L.A.

It's cold. It's unusual to feel weather as chilly as this one in L.A. Must be global warming, humans don't know how to take care of stuff they need. Therefore, they shouldn't exist.

I feel how the cold breeze hits my body. It embraces me in a big cold hug, and doesn't want to let me go. Sometimes I feel it's nature's way of thanking me for thinking stuff they would love to say but can't. I've always loved cold weather. It has a stunning and deadly beauty, which if you're not careful enough, you'll get embraced by it and won't even notice until you're too far gone to realize it.
Today's a full moon, and I can't help but to admire her. And I start to wonder, how many lost souls have turned to look at her for an answer?

I'm wearing a tight, short, gold-like dress with a pair of silver stilettos that match my shiny jewelry. I'm in the middle of a job, so it's my duty to always look as beautiful and flawless as possible to attract my prey. I've been standing here in this lonely, and dark alleyway just staring at the moon for almost 15 minutes now.
Connor, one of my most loyal bodyguards is with the poor excuse of a human being I was sent to kill. I sometimes make appearances and sometimes I just don't. But I'm feeling strangely relaxed today, so I may as well bless this man's eyes with my beauty.
What can I say? I feel charitable today.

It's time. I should reunite me with my bodyguard.

I walk towards the corner of the alleyway I was in, and turn right. The cold breeze hasn't stopped a bit, so as I walk, my platinum blonde hair floats with the air as it passes by me. It's silent for a moment, the only sound I can hear is the one that my stilettos do when hitting the concrete as I walk. The more I go into this alleyway, the more I can hear the punches and heavy breathing of both men. When my eyes finally identify two silhouettes, I stop just far enough for them to not see me, and close enough to hear what they're chatting about. Connor tends to do small-talk with our targets, which I don't like at all.

I stay still, with the darkness and shadows keeping me company. Couple of minutes go by and just as I suspected, I hear him talking with the target.

Connor's POV

"Where is she? I ask, demanding an answer from the man standing in front of me.
"I don't know what you're talking about!" is what I get for an answer.

This is going to need some extra measures. Let's try threatening him a little.

"If you tell me where she is, I will let you go without a scratch." This guy seems to be obsessed with himself, I thought that maybe if I threatened his "pretty face" he would somehow give me an answer. He didn't, because the next predictable thing he said was.

"Ha, I'm going to love see you try..." I like a good challenge once in a while, it makes my life a little more amusing. Besides, I'm allowed to use physical violence when encountering cocky bastards like this one.

"Buddy, don't say I didn't warn you." I started punching him in the face as hard as I could. This target has kidnapped the daughter of a really wealthy family. The parents went to the police as soon as she went missing, but they weren't having any leads. Two weeks passed, then three, then months went by and they couldn't find her. The only word that can describe police force is: incompetent. That's why the parent's last resort was hiring a mercenary to find her and kill the person responsible for such cruelty.
When I heard the situation, my blood pressure went up. No one should have to go through that, neither the parents or the girl.
What's become of this f*cked-up world?